Cardinals seek back-to-back wins

This is the hidden content, please

Cardinals seek back-to-back wins

Gabe Pruett

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — It has been a little bit of a different feeling for Cris Stump and his Cardinals this week.

Instead of forgetting about another painful loss, the 1-0 Cardinals are having to learn how to put a win in the past and move on.

Bridge City will have to do that quickly as Kountze is headed to Larry B. Ward Stadium at 6 p.m. Saturday. The Cardinals lead the series 2-1.

“I told the players to enjoy the win all they could and now get ready because Kountze is on its way,†Stump said.

Bridge City is fresh off a 32-20 win over Liberty while Kountze downed Woodville 20-14.

Junior Joe Robertson was the leader on offense for the Cardinals as he rushed for 111 yards on 15 carries with two touchdowns.

Receiver Cory Moseley also had a nice night with two receptions for two touchdowns. Jerry Landry finished with two catches for 40 yards, one a 25-yard touchdown strike.

The victory was the starting debut of Josh Lemoine at quarterback. Lemoine finished 9-for-22 for 155 with three touchdowns and no interceptions. Lemoine added 89 yards on 14 carries.

“They were fired up on Wednesday because it was the first time we watched the film from the Liberty game,†Stump said. “It certainly was different for our players. I told them though Kountze won too and they will also be fired up to play. Kountze is predicted by some people to win their district.â€

Even after his first win as a head coach, Stump was still able to find some things the Cardinals will need to improve on against the Lions.

Bridge City gave up 338 yards against Liberty, many of the yards coming in the second half as the Cardinals seemed to get a bit tired.

“As the game went on, we did not do as well with our tackling,†Stump said. “That is really when they (Panthers) started to break some of their long runs.

“I have been real proud of our kids this week. They have done a good job understanding they got their first win so now we have to prepare to get the second one. I have been real happy with the way our kids have prepared mentally.â€

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami