The ROWDIE line up !!

Guest WeedBegone

Guest WeedBegone

IN THE LINE UP FOR ROWDIE:  no specific order (Weed Latin is always random) _

Mallory Livingston – a very aggressive hard hustling left corner player.  As an umpire said in the NAFA—tournament –she has a loaded gun with a hair trigger.  Mallory is also an offensive threat with great speed and smart base running skills.  Somebody out there will be real lucky to pick her up.  I believe she will be a junior and I know she will be a fighting PNG Purple People eating Indian. 

Jessica (FLYCATCHER) Shields—a very scrappy speedy outfielder who can also handle the middle infield if needed.  On offense she served the team well by being able to get the job done in various rolls.  Loves to run the bases and despises being put out.   She has also been known to sink a few three pointers in basketball during the off season.

Jessica will be going from PNG Purple to UNT-Denton.  She has signed with them to continue the wonderful game of GFPSB.   Let us wish her luck.

Kayla (Pooh) Moore---from Orangefield, will be continuing the game by playing JUCO ball in Bossier City, LA.  Kayla has been a great asset to Rowdie, chasing flies in the outfield and blocking dirt balls at home plate.  Kayla permantaly became Pooh by mistake after her mother accidentally called her that in front of Coach Drew.  I am sure she will be glad to be a Kayla again. 

Katie (Baby K) Hines – Please don’t let the Baby K fool you.  This is one of the toughest young ladies I have ever been around.  If you hurt her –her pitch velocity increases 5mph.

Baby K is gaining a good reputation as a power pitcher in this area and is also great defensively. She has lots of batting power---she is soon to go deep any day now.  Good base-runner and does not mind getting dirty.  Katie will be a junior for the mighty gander and ranger fighting Beaumont West Brook Battling Bruins next year.

Kelly Burns—(used to call her “Hotstuff†to compliment the name Burns with her fast pitching, but she got so darned pretty, and I got so darned old—I decided to back off..  )

Kelly is a well trained pitcher who brings a complete tool box of pitches to the mound.  She has options to go with finesse or power.  Her change up is not welcome in the entire Baytown area.  Kelly can also help her herself defensively with a sound offensive game.

I also think she will soon go yard— this lady is also known to be very graceful on the football field at halftime performing for the crowds.  So one day she is a graceful lady in dance shoes and the next she is pushing off with her cleats throwing a twelve inch ball breaking tight and in to the batter.  Kelly will be a senior for the mighty gander and ranger fighting Beaumont West Brook Battling Bruins next year.

Christine (Lil-Ham) Hamilton – the lady behind the plate.  Christine has always performed her responsibilities as best as she could.  Because she lives close to me, I have seen the bruises and bumps that catchers endure. I now have total respect for that position.  Christine has done an outstanding job calling the pitches for our great pitchers.  Our success can attributed to their keeping batters off balance and letting our defense do their job.  Each pitch starts at home plate via communication.  Christine has also done a good job at the plate with the stick and has gone yard with authority.  But most of all, this lady has exhibited 1st class sportsmanship, on and off the field, with her team, our opponents, and even those darned umpires.  This is very pleasing to her parents.  Christine will be the student body president and a senior for the mighty gander and ranger fighting Beaumont West Brook Battling Bruins next year.  BTW –if you hear a drum line cadence on Friday night---she probably started it !!

Paz Potato—Wow, this lady plays her heart out, and practices her heart out.  A great shortstop with fantastic range.  Paz has great work ethics and knows the pay-off.  Paz was often counted on to get RBI’s and is usually our best three hole hitter.  Paz was wearing a pitcher out in Plano when a she separated her shoulder on a swing.  It is healing fast –but she was unable to play this week.  However she still was there and provided inspiration support to her team mates.  Paz graduated from Da Brook and plans on making the University of Houston Cougars-softball team.  I strongly suggest they sign her up.  She is a great player.

Sara Lackey—Sara has consistently played an outstanding first base stretching and digging balls out of the dirt for several years.  She can be very dangerous with the bat and I have seen her go yard several times. In addition to being an infielder, Sara is also a good catcher with a good arm.   In addition to softball, she has excelled in choir and received awards for her singing abilities.   Sara also is a West Brook graduate and has plans to excel at  Texas A and M University.  Sara may not be aware that there is a co-ed intramural team scouting report on her.  Take your glove and stick please.

Chelsie Brocato --- a very good outfielder with lots of range, both vocally and vertically.  She is a very aggressive base-runner with a lot of pop in her bat.  Chelsie is always in the game and always knows the count and situations.  Every time I see the movie “League of Their Own†I compare Chelsie to the character  “Kit†because of her heart and intensity of the game.  This lady also serves the team well as the “Spiritual Leaderâ€.  I have never heard a bad word come out of her mouth.  It is obvious that her upbringing in her church has served her well. She has also graduated from West Brook and will be taking her ball bat and glove to Texas A and M to be called by the intramural team. . 

Karisa Satterly---OMG does this lady have a stick.  I can assure everybody, that if colleges watched her at the plate this spring or this summer, she would be on lots of lists.  Karisa has been the toughest out I have seen in a long time.  It is so scary to pitch to her because the ball comes off the bat so fast.  I felt the need to be courteous to 1st base umpires to tell them to be alert because it gets here fast.  (No Caesar—I did not alert the other team)  Karisa was recently called into the middle infield to play 2nd base and did a superb job.  She was involved in several double plays that impressed the fans. She is another graduate of “DA Brook†and was the leader of the West Brook Drum line. She also will be attending Texas A and M University this fall.   I would encourage Karisa to knock on the Softball coach’s door one day and say “Hey, would you throw me a few pitches please? “  And that’s about all I have to say about that.

Jessica Heinlein—Voted as Rowdie new comer of the year.  Wait a minute, she is the only newcomer.  Jess joined us after playing 1 year of college ball in Temple.  She’s good.  Jess does a fabulous job playing both sides of the middle.  She has definitely contributed to the number of double plays this team has made.  Very strong with the bat, she also runs the bases beautifully.  It has been a BLAST having Jess on our team here in Beaumont.  She also was a class 2007 graduate from West Brook.

That’s the team we took to nationals, but let us not forget the others who helped us along the way while we learned how to play this select stuff.  Players like  Whitney Wisby from the Brook, Samantha Meyers from Bridge City, and Christina Ratcliff, and several others. 

Sorry this was long, but this is the Rowdie bunch of girls, that not too many people know very much about.  They are a fine bunch of well blended multi-dimensional ladies.

Guest 11/13Dad
Kelly Burns—(used to call her “Hotstuff†to compliment the name Burns with her fast pitching, but she got so darned pretty, and I got so darned old—I decided to back off..  )

Kelly is a well trained pitcher who brings a complete tool box of pitches to the mound.  She has options to go with finesse or power.  Her change up is not welcome in the entire Baytown area.

That change-up helped put a big L on us at Sterling that's for sure.

That's good stuff Weed.  You and Scott don't be strangers and best of luck to you and your girls.

Guest WeedBegone

Kelly is a well trained pitcher who brings a complete tool box of pitches to the mound.  She has options to go with finesse or power.  Her change up is not welcome in the entire Baytown area.

That change-up helped put a big L on us at Sterling that's for sure.

That's good stuff Weed.  You and Scott don't be strangers and best of luck to you and your girls.

Looking forward to the next time we all meet.  Good luck to all of you folks in Baytown--

And for all the rest of you guys--thanks for kind words for these ladies. 

And as always, thanks to the crush crew .... You guys rake---while we all bake.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124