I Miss TJ Yellow Jacket Football

Guest bleed orange

I too miss "Yellow Jacket" football. I can remember as  a young kid in the late sixties going to the games and it was standing room only. Then they would replay the games on Saturday night on channel 4. Does anyone remember Cowboy John and black Bart?

I too miss "Yellow Jacket" football. I can remember as  a young kid in the late sixties going to the games and it was standing room only. Then they would replay the games on Saturday night on channel 4. Does anyone remember Cowboy John and black Bart?

I remember too.  Was on the "Cowboy John" show once too.

Even in the late 70's the stands were always packed.  I also remember Cowboy John and Black Bart.  Good to see a few boys from back then making good Coaches.  I have always told my boys when they complain about what they have to do in practice, you would never make a TJ practice then!

They were pretty good in the 80s too especially the early to mid.  The stadium was always packed.  I can remember making many road trips to the Astrodome for playoff games.  The most memorable was the state championship game---freezing cold! It just doesn't sound the same sitting at a football game without the Red Hussars playing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed