* EC Coach Hank Hargraves Accepts Job At 3A Bullard*

Wow !  :o

I don't know the ins and outs of everything out there in Winnie and I know nothing about Bullard but I have to say this is a big shock!  Hank has done a great job out there.  I think he is a class act and I wish him the best as he moves on.  I am sure it had to have been a difficult decision. 

I like Hargraves and wish him the best BUT I question the judgement of any coach that tries to coach at the same High School from which they graduated especially in a tight knit community like Winnie. There's a lot of truth in the old adage "You can never return home"

Well you are gith about that Bucster.  I remember Coach Lee having a hard time with the community too.  Another old adage:  You can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time!

Anyone know anything about Bullard?

Wow !   :o

I don't know the ins and outs of everything out there in Winnie and I know nothing about Bullard but I have to say this is a big shock!  Hank has done a great job out there.  I think he is a class act and I wish him the best as he moves on.  I am sure it had to have been a difficult decision. 

This should not have been a surprise.Young coaches who are going to move up have to strike while the iron is hot.Hank has done a super job in Winnie and is going to a fine basketball school.His success will be hard to duplicate with the loss of Tramain and McDonald so I hope the fans in Chambers county aren't to hard on the new guy.I agree with DP#1 'Hank is a class act and should have been the coach of the year on more than 1 occasion over the past few years.Good luck coach.

Bullard has not won a championship in basketball, but in 2005-2006 they were the #1 ranked team heading into the playoffs and lost to Dallas Roosevelt 58-41 in the regional finals.  Their all-state PG Brody Greene severely sprained his ankle in the regional semifinal against Princeton, and he couldn't play against Roosevelt.  Bullard was very good that year and would have had an excellent chance of winning the whole thing if not for that injury.

Hargraves Named Bullard Boys Basketball Coach

Hank Hargraves, who has led East Chambers to four straight regional tournaments, has been named the head boys basketball coach at Bullard.

Hargraves went 149-58 at East Chambers, which has also won four district titles in the last six years.

Hargraves takes over for Ryan Tomlin, who went to Whitehouse after guiding Bullard to a 26-8 record and berth in the regional quarterfinals last season.

“I’m excited about being part of this community,†said Hargraves, 30. “I want to come in and add to what coach Tomlin has done for this program. But I don’t want to take anything away from what he’s done.â€

Bullard, expected to return six players next year, was 121-46 in five seasons under Tomlin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83