MC all stars blow past Bay City

MC all stars blow past Bay City

By Cody Pastorella

The Port Arthur News

NEDERLAND — The Mid County 17-18 all-stars were not exactly the well oiled machine that they are probably capable of being; but even with a few flaws along the way, MC dusted Bay City 14-4 in five innings Friday night.

The score was 4-4 going into the bottom of the fifth when MC turned up the heat and sent 10 runners across the plate to administer the 10-run rule.

Randall Courville, who led the fifth off with a single, scored twice in the inning while every other spot in the line up scored once.

After Courville's single, Ryan Sampere singled, giving MC runners at first and second. Then a fielder's choice put runners at first and third with one out. The game ended before Bay City could record a second out in the inning.

With the win, MC advances to the winner's bracket where it will meet Wharton at 3 p.m. today.

Wharton beat Brazoswood 6-0 in the first game on Friday. Brazoswood and Bay City will play at 12:30 p.m. today. The loser of that game will be eliminated while the winner will move on to play the loser of MC and Wharton.

In the break out inning, MC scored 10 runs off six hits. Five of those runs came off losing pitcher Charles Klepac. MC got to Klepac for one in the first, two more in the third, another run in the fourth and then five in the fifth before Bay City made a pitching change.

Bay City was a very stubborn group at first, as Aaron Rollins knotted the game at 1-1 in the top of the second with a solo homer off Aaron McFarland. Bay City did not score again until the fifth inning when it got to McFarland for another three runs. Taylor Robichau came in the fifth with the score 4-2 and two runners on base. Both runners came in on Trevor Siedel's double, tying the ball game at 4-4.

Robichau settled down shortly after, as he picked off Siedel at second and induced two fly outs to end the inning.

Then Robichau had what proved to be the winning hit in the bottom half of the inning when Courville from third base on a bloop single to right field. That run gave MC a 5-4 lead.

Courville went 2-for-2 with a walk and a sacrifice fly. He had two singles and drove in three runs. The sac-fly brought in Will Fontnow for the game's first run. Also for MC, catcher Jon Carnahan went 2-for-2 with a walk. Both of Carnahan's hits were singles. Carnahan also scored twice and drove in two runs.

Robichau picked up the win. He threw just one inning of work, allowed no runs on one hit. McFarland surrendered all four runs and allowed seven hits. He also struck out four.

The game ended on a bloop single from Austin Sangster that brought in Mitchell Todd from third base. In Todd's one at-bat, he singled in Fontnow to give MC an 11-4 advantage. Todd then made it around to third base off a Bay City error. Bay City had two errors in the inning and four in the game.

Fontnow was 1-for-3 on the night with a single, a walk, three runs scored, two stolen bases and one RBI. Fontnow's one hit came in the fifth. That hit brought in Adam Broussard from third base, increasing the score to 10-4.

Bay City, who had eight hits on the night, was outhitting MC for the game until the fifth inning. MC ended with 10 hits.

how come you report on the babe Ruth all star game .but when all the area all-stars play in the umpire allstar game you had nothing in the paper. Is it because Mrs.carnahan son didn't have a good game there so she didn't call it in.

[/uote]

Indians 89 - I will accept your apology now for being so rude.  Maybe I should be flattered that you think I control the sports section of the Port Arthur News, so maybe it is a compliment in disguise.

Just to set the record straight, I do not call the games in, that is the coaches job.  I also think you owe my son, Jon an apology, because good or bad, he goes into every game to give 100%.  I'm sorry that you think he has to bat over .800 to get his name mentioned in the paper.  He is a team player and will always be that way.

WOW!! Not only do indians attack other people but now they are attacking each other! Indians89 you are apparently jon's age and have a HUGE jealousy issue. No, Carnahan didnt have a good game that day, however the papers, NOT Mrs. Carnahan, report on positive things not negatives like so and so had an off game. I thank God that Carnahan, along with a few others, gets to get out of this town where there is nothing but hypocrites and jealous people. Find your own dream, complete your own goals and maybe YOUR mom will call in YOUR achievments.

1st off indian89 if you dont think things are being reported correctly maybe you should report. Also if you had any knowledge at all you would know that pa news was not at the umpires tournment but they were at the babe ruth game last night.2nd of all the coaches call in the reports not the parents. 3rd im not even from port neches but just for your information Jon Carnahan  hit a 2 run homerun shot today and Aaron Mcfarland also hit a 2 run homerun shot today that played a big role in us winning against Wharton. So i look at it this way if you dont have anything nice to say why dont you just keep your mouth shut

WOW!! Not only do indians attack other people but now they are attacking each other! Indians89 you are apparently jon's age and have a HUGE jealousy issue. No, Carnahan didnt have a good game that day, however the papers, NOT Mrs. Carnahan, report on positive things not negatives like so and so had an off game. I thank God that Carnahan, along with a few others, gets to get out of this town where there is nothing but hypocrites and jealous people. Find your own dream, complete your own goals and maybe YOUR mom will call in YOUR achievments.

Or Indians89 could be a parent of someone that played at the all star garme at Lamar, but whoever you are you need to get a life and quit worrying about the Carnahan family.  Maybe your son did good there and your jealous that they didn't report it in the news, maybe you should call the news and tell them what to write.  I have a pretty good idea who this might be and I hope I'm wrong.  So get a life and stopping making digs at "Mrs. Carnahan" we're sick of reading them.

Easynow,

For your information I am a baseball mom and for one back in the good olds days that you talk about i wasnt asking for any flavor of snow cones I was involved with the sports my boys were playing and second I probally know as much or more about baseball than you do. Ive played baseball and ive played softball  I also played co-ed softball threw my 8th month of being pregnant with my last boy and all my kids have played baseball since they were 4 yrs. old and yes thats not a miss type i did say 4 yrs. old.So before you start putting moms down just how many of you dads have done the paper work and the scholarship forms for your boys.I can almost bet you that there has been more moms than dads that have helped their boys pursue their baseball sport past high school than dads. I could give a rats butt if my sons name is in the paper or on the news because you know what I know what he can do and he is happy doing what he love to do and that is play the sport he eats dream and sleeps of and that is baseball.And just because someone jealious gets  on here because their kid or themselfs name didint get in the paper they want to start dogging Mrs. Carnahan and Jon that is just down right uncalled for.

This is the mom whose kid's name was spelled wrong and I really do not appreciate being accused of badmouthing anybody.  Whats done is done and it didn't really matter anyway.  If you will notice this is my first post.  I have no reason to conceal my identity.  I have just never felt the need to post before because my son would not appreciate it.  I think Jon is a great player and a great kid.  You have my number you can call me.  Quit dreaming up stuff and leave me out of this nonsense!!!

Ya know... as far as the mom that her kids name was mispelled on the back of a shirt goes.. she has nothing to do with this.  He boys are not even babe ruth players at the moment.  She also would not get on here to voice her feelings of her kid getting in the paper or not.  Her kid has been and will be in the paper plenty and it won't be because of her.  He is a great ball player and has and will make a name for himself. Maybe checking facts of who we are accusing of things first would stop alot of this trivial stuff.

As far as the Carnahan family goes.. Jon is a great kid and ballplayer.  I am sure we will be hearing alot about him and the others that have all worked and played hard enough to get scholarships to colleges all over the country.  If kids make a name for themselves and get schools to pay for them an education then why the heck worry about if they make the paper or not.  They paper don't make scholarship offers..coaches from colleges do and believe me they know who has the work ethics and who don't.