Mustang All Star Tournament???

Guest vpfootball

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a post earlier about the two Vidor Teams playing and after the game gathering together on the mound and showing unity and wanted to say something about the Vidor team in gold.  The kids on that team seem to have so much fun.  I saw two games where they shook there hats during the anthem, ran hard onto and off the field.  The coaches on that team  should be proud they are teaching their kids to enjoy the game that much  and not forgetting what baseball is all about.  I know several of us Orange parents noticed and I just felt compelled to say great job. Good Luck both Orange teams.

WOS75,

Im the head coach of the Vidor 2 (gold)....i would also like to thank you for the kind words...we set our mind as a coaching staff that we wanted to make sure the kids had an experience that they would never forget...we had three kids that had never made allstars before and several that had....in the end these kids became friends for life....thats what YOUTH SPORTS is all about...special thanks to my other coaches Jeromy "Buttermaker" Simmons, Lynn "Tiger Woods" Bowlen, also Shep Bridgwater and PaPa Stevenson for there help......Great Job Vidor 2 and Vidor 1 .......TAKE IT ALL brothers

Guest tchawks99

What a game last night..TC will face Vidor tonight to see who plays right after in the championship game.

TC was up on Orange and Orange came back in the last inning..Congrats to Orange...

Guest bbguru01

That was a great game last night.

First off congrats to orange 2 for giving Vidor all they wanted.yall played a great game and made alot of great catches in the outfield.

The TC game  they had us up and we came back..

We play at 8 in the championship either TC/Vidor. Either way we will have our hands full.

Tc played a really good game last night and we are ready to see who we will play.I believe we have the advantage going in to tonights final. One of these teams will have to play a double header and we will be fresh.

Good luck...

Great job Orange. That is a great example of why you never give up. Also a great example of why a coach should never scream at the top of his lungs "This is our house"! I think he actually startled the kid on third base. I feel certain that he wasn't talking to that kid but he was screaming it in his direction.

Good luck to all the teams left.

Go Orange!

Guest bbguru01

Great job Orange. That is a great example of why you never give up. Also a great example of why a coach should never scream at the top of his lungs "This is our house"! I think he actually startled the kid on third base. I feel certain that he wasn't talking to that kid but he was screaming it in his direction.

Good luck to all the teams left.

Go Orange!

;D

Guest bbguru01

Let me guess! TC! wow hopefully he wasn't directing it towards the kids.

Yes it was Tc... and It is hard to say who he was directing it to, but regardless the Orange kids heard it.

And not trying to start anything, but Vidor might have something to say about it being there house..

Tc has played  2 games and they have lost one of those games.Vidor has been there everyday and has only lost one and that was to us..

It should be interesting tonight.

The coach was just trying to pump up the kids.  His son was involved in the play that the comment followed and it was a double play.  This coach is also the reason the field looks as good as it does.  He just got caught up in the moment and was proud of his kid.  His son hit a homerun later and he was pumped up then.  I have heard of all the drama that had gone on at one of the other tournaments but I think so far this tournament has turned out to be great.  I have not seen any coaches really argue calls or show bad sportsmanship in any of the games and I have watched about 6 or 7 of the games.  There was an Orange coach last night that yelled at one of the kids louder than any of the coaches I have seen so far.  The parents from all teams have been great as well.  Last night was a very high excitement game and if you were there then you know how high emotions were going from team to team.  Both teams played an awesome game.  I am hoping TC will win the first game tonight just to see another great game between Orange and TC!  Well worth the $2.50 to get in!  ;D

Yes it was Tc... and It is hard to say who he was directing it to, but regardless the Orange kids heard it.

And not trying to start anything, but Vidor might have something to say about it being there house..

Tc has played  2 games and they have lost one of those games.Vidor has been there everyday and has only lost one and that was to us..

Sorry I typed over the first part.  Just trying to give out some history on the 2 teams playing at 6 tonight.  They have been fortunate enough to have coaches set up scrimmages so both teams know the capapbility of the other team.

The first scrimmage between TC and Vidor was at the TC field.  Both teams batted their entire line up each inning to give the kids some experience.  Vidor did hit the ball better than TC that night and came out ahead on runs.  Each team seemed to pitch a different pitcher each inning.  The 2nd scrimmage was in Vidor and it was more game like.  They played by the 3 outs each inning instead of the entire batting lineup.  TC ended up ahead this game by like 8 runs if I am not mistaken.  I think TC will win the first game tonight against Vidor.  Not sure about the 2nd game since Orange will be fresh and TC will be playing a double header.

I agree it is well worth the $2.50. I also agree that you can get caught up in the moment but sometimes what you say bites you in the butt. Last year in Pinto I had a coach that just beat the snot out of our 2nd team make a bee line for me and ask me if I wanted some of that? I was coaching the first team and we had to play them the next night. I just looked and smiled at him. The next night when we beat the snot out of them, I looked at him and said well I guess we did get a piece of that. Smiled and walked away. Careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tournament and players, fans and coaches have been great. Let's keep it that way and hope Orange finishes tonight.

Good luck to all.

Go Orange.

I agree it is well worth the $2.50. I also agree that you can get caught up in the moment but sometimes what you say bites you in the butt. Last year in Pinto I had a coach that just beat the snot out of our 2nd team make a bee line for me and ask me if I wanted some of that? I was coaching the first team and we had to play them the next night. I just looked and smiled at him. The next night when we beat the snot out of them, I looked at him and said well I guess we did get a piece of that. Smiled and walked away. Careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tournament and players, fans and coaches have been great. Let's keep it that way and hope Orange finishes tonight.

Good luck to all.

Go Orange.

Well that is definitely true as it did bite him in the butt.  I do not think it was directed to any of the kids from Orange though.  Tonight should prove to be interesting.  Everyone should come out and watch because it should be 2 really good games.

The first scrimmage between TC and Vidor was at the TC field.  Both teams batted their entire line up each inning to give the kids some experience.  Vidor did hit the ball better than TC that night and came out ahead on runs.  Each team seemed to pitch a different pitcher each inning.  The 2nd scrimmage was in Vidor and it was more game like.  They played by the 3 outs each inning instead of the entire batting lineup.  TC ended up ahead this game by like 8 runs if I am not mistaken.  I think TC will win the first game tonight against Vidor.  Not sure about the 2nd game since Orange will be fresh and TC will be playing a double header.

Sir/maam

I am not going to get on here and argue who will win, or who will lose especially basing it on  a scrimmage.TC has a great ball team and they are well coached.Yes we did scrimmage in TC one time and it was a good scrimmage.Yall also came to Vidor and we did play like a game situation.BUT We pitched kids that didn't even pitch in league ball.It was more like a good practice for us and that's all it was.Please don't make a prediction on a scrimmage.

Yall have a great team along with Orange and whomever plays who, will have to bring there A game.This has been a good tournament and lets keep it that way.

From what I've seen any of the teams left can beat any of the others on any given night. Just because Orange beat Vidor doesn't mean we will beat them again. good luck to Vidor and TC. May the best team win at 6. Don't use up all of your pitching  ;). Just kidding. Go Orange

Guest tchawks99

Please TC fans/parents you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't wake a sleeping giant.

They (Vidor/Orange) don't need anymore motivation.

They were scrimmages and that is all they were.

and the comment last night was just being caught up in the moment.

This has been a good tournament and lets keep it clean..Good luck..

From what I've seen any of the teams left can beat any of the others on any given night. Just because Orange beat Vidor doesn't mean we will beat them again. good luck to Vidor and TC. May the best team win at 6. Don't use up all of your pitching  ;). Just kidding. Go Orange

quit enjoying this so much TD  ;D..And about the pitching one of our starters is in Florida right now playing in the a tournament there.Just my luck .. ;)

Sir/maam

I am not going to get on here and argue who will win, or who will lose especially basing it on  a scrimmage.TC has a great ball team and they are well coached.Yes we did scrimmage in TC one time and it was a good scrimmage.Yall also came to Vidor and we did play like a game situation.BUT We pitched kids that didn't even pitch in league ball.It was more like a good practice for us and that's all it was.Please don't make a prediction on a scrimmage.

Yall have a great team along with Orange and whomever plays who, will have to bring there A game.This has been a good tournament and lets keep it that way.

It was just an opinion that I formed on the games I have watched and seeing the different scrimmages.  I was not trying to take away anything from the Vidor team at all.  I understand about the pitchers because we did the same.  There have been several predictions made throghout the tournament and some have been correct and other not.  Please do not take anything that I said in a negative way because it was not meant to be that way. Sorry if it come across that way.

quit enjoying this so much TD  ;D..And about the pitching one of our starters is in Florida right now playing in the a tournament there.Just my luck .. ;)

You know you're stacked with pitching. One gone won't hurt you  ;D unless he is the one you need  ;). Seriously I hope yall play a good game at 6 and it doesn't go into extra innings and neither team gets really really tired or runs out of pitching  :o

Good luck!

Sir/maam

It was just an opinion that I formed on the games I have watched and seeing the different scrimmages.  I was not trying to take away anything from the Vidor team at all.  I understand about the pitchers because we did the same.  There have been several predictions made throghout the tournament and some have been correct and other not.  Please do not take anything that I said in a negative way because it was not meant to be that way. Sorry if it come across that way.

Good post. Sometimes things come across the wrong way on the message board. My predictions have been based on nothing more than the city that I live in  :). It keeps all of the momma's happy and in the long run isn't that the most important thing????????????????????

Please TC fans/parents you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't wake a sleeping giant.

They (Vidor/Orange) don't need anymore motivation.

They were scrimmages and that is all they were.

and the comment last night was just being caught up in the moment.

This has been a good tournament and lets keep it clean..Good luck..

Not trying to wake a sleeping giant.  It was never my intention to take credit away from any team/city.  This tournament has turned out to be great with the 3 best teams still standing in my opinion.  Which ever team wins deserves it and has played hard to get there.

Sir/maam

Good post. Sometimes things come across the wrong way on the message board. My predictions have been based on nothing more than the city that I live in  :). It keeps all of the momma's happy and in the long run isn't that the most important thing????????????????????

As a "momma" I would say yes that is the most important thing....LOL  And I would say I am partial to my town as well....so that factors into my prediction.  ;D

No offense taken at all..I totally understand.(TCFANATW)

I feel any three of these teams could win it..Orange has the upperhand with the rest/pitching and so forth..I have about 50 different scenarios in my head about the pitching rotation.

No offense taken at all..I totally understand.(TCFANATW)

I feel any three of these teams could win it..Orange has the upperhand with the rest/pitching and so forth..I have about 50 different scenarios in my head about the pitching rotation.

I understand that...But look at the bright side...at least you have enough pitchers for 50 different rotations.  It could be worse.  :D

You know you're stacked with pitching. One gone won't hurt you  ;D unless he is the one you need  ;). Seriously I hope yall play a good game at 6 and it doesn't go into extra innings and neither team gets really really tired or runs out of pitching  :o

Good luck!

TD I know you wll probably will be at the Pinto tourney ,but if you wasnt you would be eating nachos ,fries ,drinking a coke watching me and laughing..You would be enjoying watching Tc/Vidor beat up on one another .Waiting to see who wins ,and watching me stress!! Bring that boy of yours, he is just the right size for that extra Vidor jersey...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124