Green: I am not even sure I am still their man

Green: I am not even sure I am still their man

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — For all those bloggers out there, hold the phone because it is Kyle Green making the decision and even he is not sure where Bridge City officials stand this weekend.

Green was recently offered the vacant Bridge City baseball head coach position and has taken his time to make a very difficult decision.

Green is currently the head coach at Vidor and his Pirates have made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons.

It was reported Saturday by a source asked not to be identified Green will give Bridge City Athletics Director Cris Stump an answer this Monday as to whether he will be trading his gold and black in for new colors — red and white.

Green said late Saturday he was not even sure he was even the man Bridge City wants for the job.

“To be honest, I don’t consider it being that I was offered the job,†Green said. “I would hate to speak for Stump but in my mind I have the opportunity to go over there. Right now I’m not even sure I am the man they want. I have not physically spoken to him in a while and it was never worded like “Do you want the job?’

“I had a good meeting and conversation about the job and right now Coach Stump may not feel the same way. There was only one time table set and it is over. I have so much going on right now and am responsible for 16 kids.â€

Green has been in Arizona this weekend participating with summer baseball also making it even harder to stay in touch with Bridge City officials.

The Bridge City job came available shortly after the Cardinals were ousted in the regional quarterfinals by the Jasper Bulldogs.

Five-year head coach Billy Bryant was reassigned from his position as head coach and the speculation grew as to who would take over immediately.

PN-G assistant Mark Brevell was in the mix and recently pulled his name out citing wanting to stay in town with his family in the Mid-County area.

It has also been widely reported Hamshire-Fannett head coach Chad Landry is very interested in the Cardinals’ job and has even been interviewed for the position.

Also in the mix is Chris Fackler, a local baseball instructor who has coaching experience in Louisiana.

The Cardinals are coming off a very successful four year stretch in the playoffs and won the District 21-3A championship last year.

Bridge City reached back-to-back state tournaments before falling out in the regional finals and regional quarterfinals to Jasper the past two years.

The Cardinals were a young team a season ago and lost three seniors to graduation in Casey Jackson, Jaden Dillon and Jason Clark.

Bridge City will be a talented squad next year with starters Matt Hicks, Joe Robertson, Eric Matthews, Blake Hubbard, Blake Snyder, Dustin Breaux and Luke Rhodes all returning with another group of young players in the mix.

Hicks and Robertson are two-year starters for the Cardinals.

We'll know Monday!!!!

Could you please let us know just what we'll know Monday.  This article doesn't make much sense.  The time table has come and gone so what does he have to turn down? 

I hate to quote Shakespeare on a sports board but I think Marcellus and Hamlet have the answer.

"Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark"

Guest BCNatureBoy

I think the guys interested in the job are as confused about this whole thing as we are.  ::) This thing just continues to get crazier and crazier.

Im not sure which is worse, the way BC has handled this entire process or the way Green is holding everyone hostage. There is a more than qualified person in Coach Landry who apparently wants the job, yet BC cant see the writing on the wall.  Either you want the job or you dont... If BC was to get Green it kinda makes you wonder if his heart will be 100% in it since hes so indecisive about the move in the first place. Will he always regret his decision and have alot of "what ifs?"  

If they don't decide by Monday, maybe I'll apply.  I'll only need a token salary and I'd give that back to the baseball booster club.  I wouldn't need to teach so they could hire a real teacher for the school.  Now, I might change the name to the BC Sun Devils?????

Indecision...how long can they drag this out?

Guest Cardinal

Im not sure which is worse, the way BC has handled this entire process or the way Green is holding everyone hostage. There is a more than qualified person in Coach Landry who apparently wants the job, yet BC cant see the writing on the wall.  Either you want the job or you dont... If BC was to get Green it kinda makes you wonder if his heart will be 100% in it since hes so indecisive about the move in the first place. Will he always regret his decision and have alot of "what ifs?"  

If you don't know what your talking about keep your mouth shut! Green isn't holding anyone hostage. Maybe Stump told Green let us know when you make your decision. Job changes like this aren't easy decisions.

Guest Cardinal

If they don't decide by Monday, maybe I'll apply.  I'll only need a token salary and I'd give that back to the baseball booster club.  I wouldn't need to teach so they could hire a real teacher for the school.  Now, I might change the name to the BC Sun Devils?????

Green will let BC know Monday if he accepts the job! Maybe Stump is out of town this weekend! Anyone thought about that?

If you don't know what your talking about keep your mouth shut! Green isn't holding anyone hostage. Maybe Stump told Green let us know when you make your decision. Job changes like this aren't easy decisions.

Im curious, how do you know I dont know what Im talking about? Plus, if youre using the word "maybe" in your statement then you apparently dont know what youre talking about, so practice what you preach.  Also heres a definition for you,

(FORUM) 1)a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

2) a public facility to meet for open discussion

Im curious, how do you know I dont know what Im talking about? Plus, if youre using the word "maybe" in your statement then you apparently dont know what youre talking about, so practice what you preach.  Also heres a definition for you,

you tell him venom...guess he dont want anyone to have an opinion except him....i know it is a touigh decision but why apply if you dont want the job...and if he is this unsure then i wouldnt want him anyway

Green will let BC know Monday if he accepts the job! Maybe Stump is out of town this weekend! Anyone thought about that?

Your right, Stump is out of town!

Guest Cardinal

you tell him venom...guess he dont want anyone to have an opinion except him....i know it is a touigh decision but why apply if you dont want the job...and if he is this unsure then i wouldnt want him anyway

He never said he didn't want the job nor did he ever say he wasn't interested. If he needed time to think about it so be it, looks like Stump didn't mind giving him more time.

My source has told me that Green and Fackler are having a cold one, sitting around a computer reading all this and laughing their butts off in Arizona.

Sounds classy, sitting around drinking while they are in charge of a 16 and under baseball team. I am assuming that's a false statement. I'm willing to bet Landry's probably not laughing right now, he is certain he wants to be in Bridge City.

He never said he didn't want the job nor did he ever say he wasn't interested. If he needed time to think about it so be it, looks like Stump didn't mind giving him more time.

WHAT?????  I dont think anyone said he wasnt interested in the job or that he didnt want it.... We were curious as to why a person would show this much interest in such a high profile job without thinking the decision through and being 100% sure you want to make that change if given the opportunity. In reality, him being indecisive has cost BC not only time but it really casts a dark shadow on the powers that be and the way this was handled from the start.

Guest Cardinal

Maybe he needed more time, or is he riding it out to see if Vidor makes him better offer to make him stay? 

Maybe they have!!!!  ;)

I just cant see where BC goes wrong hiring Coach Landry.... Not only is he a quality baseball coach and teacher but a quality human being who apparently wants to be the BC coach! Its amazing to think that a perfect fit with no regrets is just a phone call away...

Guest Cardinal

WHAT?????  I dont think anyone said he wasnt interested in the job or that he didnt want it.... We were curious as to why a person would show this much interest in such a high profile job without thinking the decision through and being 100% sure you want to make that change if given the opportunity. In reality, him being indecisive has cost BC not only time but it really casts a dark shadow on the powers that be and the way this was handled from the start.

Why in the heck do you think he has taken so long!!!!!!! To think it through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Stump is allowing him to take his time Sir, Yes I believe Stump is allowing him to fully think it through!

Why in the heck do you think he has taken so long!!!!!!! To think it through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Stump is allowing him to take his time Sir, Yes I believe Stump is allowing him to fully think it through!

I dont think anyone on this site or in this community understands why hes taking so long.... Again, what were asking is, shouldnt the whole thought process happen BEFORE interest was shown in the position? Normally a person thinks things through and weighs his options BEFORE showing interest. This tid bit of knowledge can be applied to pretty much anything in life. Kinda like the old saying goes "look before you leap!"