• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not showing much dedication so far.They will have to really get to work if they want to be competetive and so far they haven't done that.Lumberton beat them last week in the only game they have played this summer.They will struggle to score this season.Cody will do ok and will give you everything he's got but he's about a foot shorter than his brother.Cody has a real good work ethic but I 'm not sure he has the size to put up the kind of numbers his brother did. Matt could have been a super player if he would have put the time in the gym.I think they will be respectable once Cris gets to work with them some,they don't have much experience coming back.

• 1 month later...

The 06 team and the 08-09 team wud be a good game. the 07-08 team wud kill both of them by 50 thats how much of a difference there is. I saw cody andrews play this summer he looked like he can shoot the rock and he has gotten taller but there is no way he is 1/10 the player his brother is. But he is the best player on this team him and blacksheir are the only two players that can play. young could be all right if he would learn to play the game, and riley is just out there because they have no body else.

I haven't talked to Cris since early in the summer so I hadn't heard he left.Give me the details there "Ric".Looking at the 06 roster this years group would struggle with them.The 06 club started Tyler Word,Kinney Granger,Paul Sims,Jewel Morrison and Caleb Swinney.They also had McBee,Jimmy Rawls and Brandon Sims who played quite a bit.This years club would struggle big time with that group.No disrespect to Cody but Matt is probably in a different league.The biggest trouble with this years group will be experience and dedication.Everyone graduated that started last year and these guys didn't spend much time in the gym this summer.I hope they do well,I'll be there watching.

I'm saying the 06 team would beat the team that will take the floor for this upcoming season.Looking at the 06 club you had Granger,Sims and Word who could all put up big numbers on any given night,plus you had some depth that could give you some quality minutes.I agree with you totally about the Andrews brothers,Matt is the better player because he had all the natural tools ,mainly size.Cody will give the club everything he has because has a tremendous heart.Cody will score if he is in an offensive system designed to let him come off screens and get seperation,if not he will struggle getting his shots off.One kid I've been impressed with who could become a player is the Greeson kid,I think he's a sophomore.

The 06 team and the 08-09 team wud be a good game. the 07-08 team wud kill both of them by 50 thats how much of a difference there is. I saw cody andrews play this summer he looked like he can shoot the rock and he has gotten taller but there is no way he is 1/10 the player his brother is. But he is the best player on this team him and blacksheir are the only two players that can play. young could be all right if he would learn to play the game, and riley is just out there because they have no body else.

well thanks for saying i can shoot but i think im more like 1/2 the player my bro is... the half thats missing is the diference in our height... ;D

Guest tigersvoice

well thanks for saying i can shoot but i think im more like 1/2 the player my bro is... the half thats missing is the diference in our height... ;D

Son, don't get down on this guy's level.  Let him blow.

It would be just about impossible to compare the 05 and 08 teams because they had completely different strengths and more importantly different weaknesses.The 05 club won with discipline and pressure defense.They played to there potential every night out and didn't beat themselves.The 08 group never developed that discipline,whether it was missing games for other activities or practices for whatever reason and it showed on game night.Sims and Andrews could score on anyone,they proved that with huge games against Kountze and E/C.The difference would be in turnovers,Danos while he only played one year at Warren would not turn the ball over.Lil Cody will work hard and will score given the shots.He had 20 last year against Brookeland when Warren had some no shows and played with 4 players for about 1 1/2 quarters.Everyone would have a different opinion on a top 10 list and you would probably have to go back a little over 10 years to get some of the best my list would include McNeal,Danos,Sims,Adams,Dees,Dunham,Wallace,Rivers,Granger and Andrews(in no particular order).

Tigervoice ,I think they are just messing with each other.They know each other and I think they shoot around when ever there both in H town.I don't think there was any disrespect intended.Lil Cody knows "he's the man"

Cody isn't evan 1/2 the player as his brother size and talent he can't shoot either the only shooting he does alright is in warm ups if he was own a good team he wouldn't evan see the floor

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder