T8. Bracketville

T8. Wolfe City

10. Roscoe

11. Shiner

12. Joaquin

T13. Fallas City

T13. Grapeland

15. Groveton

Tatum dropping down to 2-A is just scary for those 2-A schools. Newton will have their work cut out for them if they are both in the same division. Tatum was awsome in 3-A.

Guest bulldogbark

nope just look what happened to WO-S :D

Just kidding....dont get the stang stirred up now...

breath deep.

let it out.

go put on your stang t-shirts..

see everything is alright now

I,M not sure Anahuac should be the 24aa favorite.The loss of their RB could devastate them as well as the coaching change.Not badmouthing any coaches just takes a while to put in a system.Also dont see Deweyville in the last spot.E/C has to be the favorite.

Alot of the voters go on History of teams alot of the time.

Team history and tradition plays a lot in high school football. Some teams seem to be competitive every year, even with few returning starters, where others have 80% of the team coming back and still can't break into the playoffs. That is just the way it is.

Edit for tpyo.

This will be the best locker room wall paper you could find. We are not respected by anyone in our district. We plan on getting some this year. This is a slap in the face to the 8 returning sr. starters on defense! Advice to all district coaches "Make sure they snap those helments good!" :twisted:

This will be the best locker room wall paper you could find. We are not respected by anyone in our district. We plan on getting some this year. This is a slap in the face to the 8 returning sr. starters on defense! Advice to all district coaches "Make sure they snap those helments good!" :twisted:

Now your starting to sound like footballblue :lol::lol:

I think Deweyville will play great this year. Maybe district champs?????? :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics