**Riojas new WO-S baseball coach**

Nothing Stinkin!! Michael Thompson didn't want the job right now.

Sooooo when Thompson decides he wants the position will there be another coaching change?

You would be hard pressed to find a nicer more knowledgeable person than Jimmy Hallman!

Congrats Coach Riojas.  I have no doubt he will prove that the decision to make him the new head coach was the right one.  He is hard working, motivated and an all around good person.  He does not deserve the skepticism he is receiving on this board.  Ol Gabe's recent article rings very true when reading this thread. 

He got the Job because of two people Fackler and Moore...........

He got the job because he did well while finishing the season for the coach that left. 

He got the job because of Jessie Riojas.

Believe what you want....he got the job because of the people he knew.  There were two coaches who finished the season, not just him.  Also they didn't do that well so what kind of creditability would that give to make him a good enough coach to be the head man in charge?

He got the Job because of two people Fackler and Moore...........

He got the job because he did well while finishing the season for the coach that left. 

He got the job because of Jessie Riojas.

Believe what you want....he got the job because of the people he knew.  There were two coaches who finished the season, not just him.  Also they didn't do that well so what kind of creditability would that give to make him a good enough coach to be the head man in charge?

These coaches took over when the head coach was reassigned and they did a fine job with the task handed to them with the season already underway.  They were not in charge in the off season and there is only so much that can be done when you are handed a team at that point in the season.  I am not taking anything away from Coach Hallman, nor do I know why Riojas was chosen instead of him.  Both are great people.  I am just saying I think he will do a fine job.  It takes more than part of a season to build (or rebuild) a program.  Why do you think there are so many people falling all over themselves for the BC job?  The program is already up and running.  It will be an unfair comparison next season to judge Riojas and the Mustangs' performance against that of the new BC head coach and team, which already has a successful program in place.  BUT, I'd love to see the Mustangs shake things up in Riojas' first season in sole possession of the head coach position.  I also feel sorry for whoever gets the BC job if they don't take them all the way to state...tough critics in cardinal country.

I personally believe that the right man got the job.  Unless anyone here has the experience and knowledge that Coach Hooks has in hiring coaches, then no one should be questioning his decision.  And to those of you who are questioning the decision - did you even attend any Mustang games last season?  Their record didn't do either one of the coaches justice.  They both did a fine job coaching at all the games I went to.  It takes more than 1/2 a season to turn around the mess they were left with. Riojas seems to be a great motivator, he seems passionate about the game, and he knows the game.  He has the potential to turn this program around. 

I personally believe that the right man got the job.  Unless anyone here has the experience and knowledge that Coach Hooks has in hiring coaches, then no one should be questioning his decision.  And to those of you who are questioning the decision - did you even attend any Mustang games last season?  Their record didn't do either one of the coaches justice.  They both did a fine job coaching at all the games I went to.  It takes more than 1/2 a season to turn around the mess they were left with. Riojas seems to be a great motivator, he seems passionate about the game, and he knows the game.  He has the potential to turn this program around. 

As does Jimmy Hallman!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Hallman have more experience that Rojas?  That's another thing that makes this topic so interesting.  Any way, I guess what is done is done, in the hiring part of it.  I just hope Rojas does know as much as everyone says he does and not just the game of baseball.  It takes a lot to manage a team, which is more that hitting lessons and calling pitches.

Why cant people just get behind Coach Riojas and wish him all the luck? Coach Hooks hires the people he thinks will do the best job.

Instead of questioning this hire in public, stand behind the man and hope he does what it takes to get the Mustangs back in the hunt.

OlGabe is right,

Instead of complaining about who did not get the job, Mustang country should get behind the one Coach Hooks picked.

Jessie is a great kid and loves the game of baseball, he has a passion for the game and will do everything in his power to bring WOS Baseball back to the top, he will not be outworked for sure. He is a local Coach who grew up here so get behind him and support him.

Jessie we have already talked, call me when you are ready to put on the Golf Tourney to raise money.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder