BC vs. Jasper Who does 1 game only favor?

no one has the advantage...both teams have 7 innings to make the decision themselves...if it were a 3 gamer pitching depth from bc would take over.

So then you are saying that it is advantageous for Jasper to play a one-game series, because they lack depth.  Right?

Guest Bulldog

no one has the advantage...both teams have 7 innings to make the decision themselves...if it were a 3 gamer pitching depth from bc would take over.

So then you are saying that it is advantageous for Jasper to play a one-game series, because they lack depth.  Right?

It just means Jasper is weak......and it's there best bet to win.....doesn't mean they have the advantage......

BC has the edge because they have the depth at pitching......After Parson's Jasper is toast........

Guest BC boy 17

I don't think 1 game really favors either school. Both have equal chance and need to do things right the first time out. The speculation is Jasper preferred the 1 game due to pitching depth vs. BC. BC has 3 pitchers that can go strong for the game. That gives a deep "bull pen". If the starting pitcher is a little off or get's into trouble there will be plenty left to help out. BC is much improved in defense over last year. Team hitting is about 30 points higher than last year. BC has won both matchups this year, by a combined 2 runs.

BC looks like the favorite to win whether 1 game or best of 3.

I don't think 1 game really favors either school. Both have equal chance and need to do things right the first time out. The speculation is Jasper preferred the 1 game due to pitching depth vs. BC. BC has 3 pitchers that can go strong for the game. That gives a deep "bull pen". If the starting pitcher is a little off or get's into trouble there will be plenty left to help out. BC is much improved in defense over last year. Team hitting is about 30 points higher than last year. BC has won both matchups this year, by a combined 2 runs.

BC looks like the favorite to win whether 1 game or best of 3.

Which is the part that scares me the most!  :o

It just means Jasper is weak......and it's there best bet to win.....doesn't mean they have the advantage......

BC has the edge because they have the depth at pitching......After Parson's Jasper is toast........

Jasper is Weak?  the only thing weak is your way of thinking.  I guess your saying a weak team can get out of this district and make it to the regional Quarterfinals, and I guess you think that BC defeating Jasper by 2 runs totals in two games makes Jasper weak.  Hmmm let my use your way of thinking.  BC beat Jasper therefor Jasper is weak, HJ beat BC last game of District, therefor BC is weak.  Well heck. 21-3A just sent a bunch of weak teams into the playoffs, what the heck are we doing with 3 teams still in the playoffs?

This is a great match up. I would go with Bridge City in a 3 game series, their pitching is deeper.

Since it's a 1 gamer it's a toss up. Playing at Nederland would seem to give BC the advantage, as some of their players have played more games there in their career than at their own field but the field is big enough for doubles and triples which I feel gives Jasper the advantage.

Anything can happen in baseball, heck HF was 1 out away from beating BC, then scored 12 in the 1st inning against Jasper and hung on for the win.

There is no advantage for either team in my mind. These are both two great teams and play on the field will decide this one, not if its one or three games. Neither team cares what the series is, they all have enough experience to not worry about things they cant control.

This game will be won on the field by a team that deserves to win.

Good luck to both teams, players, coaches and fans. Both sets are class acts and deserve to move on.

It's just like a 3 game series thats tied 1 game each, and both teams have their ace left to pitch game 3...

Does that make since????

It makes sense.  Both teams have good pitchers, but neither team has a Nolan Ryan that I know of.  If one team does have a Nolan Ryan, then that team should be favored in a one-game playoff.  Even with that, it would not be a cinch.  I know that for certain, because Jasper beat Nolan Ryan 1-0 in 1963 in the first game of a three game series.  ;)

Hmmmm....Toast huh? Hows that toast????....weak....not hardly....congratulations dogs....you won without arrogance or cockiness....we are proud of you....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder