Jasper Vs Bellville what will happen game 2? SITE AND LOCATION SET!!

For those going to the game who didn't go there last year, the baseball field is all the way to the left of the school and then to the very back of the complex.  Just follow the road all the way back there.  If is quite a ways behind the school.

Yes, it was tricky.  I had hoped for an easier place to find this year.  ;)  Like in Huntsville.  ;D

Directions from I-45.

Exit College Park Drive (Hwy 242).  Travel West on College Park 0.7mi to Achievement Drive (The University Center will be on the North).  Turn South on Achievement Drive, travel through the stop sign on to the dead end.  Turn East (left), travel to the next dead-end and turn South (right).  Baseball Complex will come into view on your right.

Here are some notes on Bellville so listen up. Bellville loves to try pick off moves, especially with a left hander on the mound. They will pick a hundred times. When Jasper gets runners on 1st and 2nd and its a bunting situation, Bellville will run the early break pick at 2nd off of the wheel play. Corners will charge, screaming "bunt". The pitcher will lift his leg, do an inside move and pick to 2nd. Bellville will relay signals to their hitters if they possibly can.  Usually, they call out first name for fastball, and last name for offspeed. Sometimes they will change it up and go with name or number. Bellville's hitting is not very strong. They have 3 homeruns for the entire season. On top of that, all 3 came in 1 game, at Giddings, which is a launching pad. Good luck to the Dawgs, and hope Coach Mixon is listening.

Did you think I was lying?????????? Of course they do that stuff, and it never really works.

Didn't doubt you at all, but I thought there might be a little tounge in cheek humor there.  Jasper played them last year, and had a pretty good idea what to expect.  I think Bellville is a well coached team.  I also think Jasper will finish them off tonight.  From what I have read, Bellville has one more ace pitcher.  Last year, after Tallerine, it all went downhill for Bellville.  Jasper took his best shot last night, and won.

I haven't heard for sure who is starting on the mound for the 5PM game....  The big question mark for Jasper is Aaron Stephenson.  When he pitches tonight, if he is on, Jasper will move on to the next round.  If he is not on, well... we'll have to see what happens....  I just have a feeling the bats will erupt tonight for Jasper. Hope I am right....  (I live over here in 18-3A world.  Any updates on Taylor, Hutto, Liberty Hill, would be appreciated.)

Here are some notes on Bellville so listen up. Bellville loves to try pick off moves, especially with a left hander on the mound. They will pick a hundred times. When Jasper gets runners on 1st and 2nd and its a bunting situation, Bellville will run the early break pick at 2nd off of the wheel play. Corners will charge, screaming "bunt". The pitcher will lift his leg, do an inside move and pick to 2nd. Bellville will relay signals to their hitters if they possibly can.  Usually, they call out first name for fastball, and last name for offspeed. Sometimes they will change it up and go with name or number. Bellville's hitting is not very strong. They have 3 homeruns for the entire season. On top of that, all 3 came in 1 game, at Giddings, which is a launching pad. Good luck to the Dawgs, and hope Coach Mixon is listening.

Bellville did do something today not many teams have ever done.  They picked both Hart and Bronson off first in the same game.  Of course, ultimately it did them little good.  Just may have kept the margin a little closer and perhaps kept them from being ten-run ruled.  On the other hand, Bellville hurried some throws and made errors trying to beat Jasper's speed.  Those things seem to even out over time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder