**Need Your Opinions On This Please Read And Respond**

I just sent mine. It would be good for people from all over to be represented, I think. Shirley Martin is a spiteful moron. Hopefully this will not only push the stadium to be re-named, but also alert people that she needs to be defeated in the next election.

tvc... Would you oppose Nederland renaming their stadium after Neumann if his success continues? If not, then what reason might you have for opposing this? If it's not wanting him to coach actively in a stadium that bears his name, then specify. I'm sure the board could have the measure passed with the condition that it is not officially changed until after his retirement. I'd even support that. But, as my wife wrote in her e-mail, because of Coach Hooks, people around Texas know the name West Orange-Stark. It's only fitting that people coming to the stadium know HIS name long after he has retired. He has given the school a legacy. He deserves one of his own.

I sent mine and hope all that visit this site to do so also. Please dont take for granted that you dont need to because you think everyone else is doing so, for that is how shirley martin got to where she is today. when you dont vote because you think the good ones will get elected that is how the bad ones get in. Please raise your voices and be heard or dont be mad when you dont and see the right outcome because you said nothing.

tvc... Would you oppose Nederland renaming their stadium after Neumann if his success continues? If not' date=' then what reason might you have for opposing this? If it's not wanting him to coach actively in a stadium that bears his name, then specify. I'm sure the board could have the measure passed with the condition that it is not officially changed until after his retirement. I'd even support that. But, as my wife wrote in her e-mail, because of Coach Hooks, people around Texas know the name West Orange-Stark. It's only fitting that people coming to the stadium know HIS name long after he has retired. He has given the school a legacy. He deserves one of his own.[/quote']

I have no problem with them naming it after Hooks at all. I would have no problem with Nederland naming the stadium after Neumann. I just don't think either needs to be done while they are still coaching. A year after they retire would be okay but not while they are still active in the stadium. That is what I sent to James Ware.

The excuses that the woman sent are bogus and silly. She just sounds like someone that either does not like football or has issues with Hooks. It doesn't matter where someone came from. Tom Landry did not come from Dallas and never played for them. In fact he played for and later coached at a divsional arch-rival, the New York Giants. That has nothing to do with his history with the Cowboys and a statue they used to honor him. It is the same with Hooks. That woman is just a kook.

You shouldn't have to wait until someone dies before you honor them and it would be a great for Hooks to return to the stadium for that honor. I think it would be a fitting tribute to bring Hooks back on the first home game after he retires or maybe for an extra special homecoming that year. What a great curtain call that would make. I just don't think things should be renamed while someone is still playing or coaching in the facility that is to be named for them.

Why couldn't he at least acknowledge the "score?" Sorry, I was disappointed because I woke my wife up to watch and all he ended up doing was mentioning the controversy and referring people to the website. I hoped he would at least read one or two and mention the imbalance in community sentiment.

Guest GoStangs

92, you're not alone... Look at the bright side, though. We may have seen history in the making -- that had to have been the most anticlimactic moment in local TV history.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami