How does 21-3A compare with your preseason predictions?

Guest BC boy 17

Guest BC boy 17

One game left in district play. We see who the playoff teams will be, only needing to decide final seeding. Not counting chickens before they hatch, curious how things compare to preseason picks. Who are your surprise teams (good or bad).

BC - My sentimental favorite but I really thought they would be battling for the 3rd spot, maybe as high as 2nd. Believe me this has been hotly debated in our house. My son kept telling me we will be better.

HJ - Just about where I thought they would be.

Jasper -  Defending district and state champs, returning most of the team from last year. Really thought they would be the team to beat. Surprising to see them struggle late. Good squad that can very easily turn it back around in the new season (playoffs).

Silsbee - About where I thought.

Orangefield - Another of my surprise teams. Expected to see them be stronger this year. Didn't seem to be able to quite get things gelled. Thought they would be in the midst of the battle for the #3 spot.

To me the biggest surprise is the district leader sitting undefeated going into the final game. Most everyone was expecting to see the district champ to have at least 2 losses, possibly 3, going through this killer district. Still a very tough game to go with HJ.

I think Jasper will do just fine in the playoffs if Stevenson comes back ready to go on the mound, Parsons can't do it by himself....Maybe they can get alot of 1 game series...Good luck to BC, HJ, and Jasper in the playoffs you represent our area well...

I think Jasper will do just fine in the playoffs if Stevenson comes back ready to go on the mound, Parsons can't do it by himself....Maybe they can get alot of 1 game series...Good luck to BC, HJ, and Jasper in the playoffs you represent our area well...

Stephenson and Parson got it done last year at Austin.  If they both are on form Jasper should be fine in a 3 game series.  Yates and the Sophomore should be able to pitch if a series goes to 3.

Of course it came out like I had hoped; however, our three advancing team should really do well because no one else in other district have faced such a barrage of good teams.

Best of luck to all!

It worked last year.  Here's hoping it works again for 21-3a.  :)

It's just sad the 1st and 3rd have to go at it in the 3rd round. :-\

yeah that will be a good series but jasper doesn't have the pitching depth like BC about equal when it comes to hitting

how do you know you would be facing Jasper?  it could be hj.  ;) 

Guest Orangeboy

I wish they would push back the earliest you could see a district opponent would be the regional semifinal and the other in the regional.

well i guess everyone is surprised by HJ because some people had them finishing 6th in the preaseason predictions  :o

Not everyone. Anyone who watched them any last year knew that they would be a very good team this year. I think most of the doubters thought that Treece carried the team last year and didn't realize what all you had coming back. I would have picked you third in my preseason picks as would most people, so you may end up right where everyone thought or possibly a spot better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124