18 3A next year whos gonna make the playoffs

They better play  better defense and find an interior game if they expect to win the district. Kwame Spikes and Dominique are off to a good start in spring  league ball. Spikes scored 41 points Tuesday night and Bailey is averaging 20 plus points a game after two games. The players are not playing on the same team to make each other better.

After watching the Spring games that the coach has started, I can tell the difference in play in Bailey and Spikes. Both players are on different teams, and you can see why these two players were all-district. Spikes scored 41 points, with his little brother on the same team he had 14, watch out for his little brother in years to come. Bailey has 20 plus points in two games. Coach, make this year happen for these two young players, you can't go wrong by putting the ball in either one of these two players hands.  In my opinion, the starting line up next  year should be Spikes, Bailey, Mccullough, spoon(or gatson), and hadnot.   Spikes has the potential to score deep, deep anywhere on the court, BAILEY has the speed and ability to make any defender miss, I'm looking forward to watch these two players go to the 18-3a district and make the crowd wonder, where these two young men come from.

Some of my most memorial games were between Huntington and Jasper a  few years back. Out of four district games, Jasper won the first game in three overtimes, the second game Huntington won in five overtimes........next year Huntington won first meeting in four OT's and Jasper won the fourth by three or so in regulation..............that was some of the most intense atmospheres that I can remember. maybe that can be renewed...........

• 2 months later...

I don't know much about Jasper, so I can't comment, but I have seent the other teams in the district for the last two years.

Hudson - Bring back Thomas Davis and his brother Ja'Lexius.  Always tough to play at home, and should do very well with those two.  Should compete with Jasper for the district championship.

Center - Only losing two starters from a team that was in the playoff chase until the last week.  Post Corey Garrett, who is 6'8, should anchor their defense and his offense continues to improve.  Alex Cloudy is a good PG and has two years of varsity experience.  If Center can win a few tough road games, they should make the playoffs.

Central - Lost Jacolbi Bias, but it's always a challenge to win at Central.  They're guaranteed to go 6-1 at home in district, so picking up a few road wins would give them a chance.

Diboll - Will be talented, and have some decent big men that should help them improve defensively.  If Jacolby Spencer can carry the guards, they may surprise some.

Carthage - Talent, but young talent.  Carthage graduated eight seniors and all five starters.  There will be only 3 returning letterman.  There is talent at the sub-varsity level, but that young talent will be inexperienced.  Also have a new coach.

Huntington - A group that is pretty talented, but lacks athleticism.  Tough to do in this district.  Coach Tim Bartlett is new to the district, but if he can get them to play consistently, they could surprise some too.  Huntington started off district 3-4 last year before losing some tough games and finishing 4-10.

Rusk - If discipline improves (new AD), then Rusk has some athletes that could be dangerous.  JV did fairly well in district last year, and new facilities will have the kids excited about playing basketball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax