• 2 months later...

I am sure you have heard of the Good, Bad and the Ugly. In short yes there are some good things about this league however like everything else their is also Bad and Ugly.

Yes the child learns the good but they also see the bad and the ugly and are taught that as well.

Sad but true. 

what are you talking about.  These kids don't see bad things here they just hear whiny people in the stands.  You need to be more specific.  The volunteers are all about the kids, some people apparently like yourself like to be a part of the problem instead of be a solution!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i once said its funny how people/parents can sit behind the fences and tell you( the coach) what you should do. or better yet have a constant complaint about how lil johnny should be playing here or there instead looking at the whole picture and let the coach put the best 9 not the best 8 and their son forward. if there is something bad or ugly you dont like about it... there are coaches applications available for next season.

Guest bbguru01

My experience with BCLL was good the year I was there.All leagues have problems.Thats why I dont coach but I also dont complain either.

what are you talking about.  These kids don't see bad things here they just hear whiny people in the stands.  You need to be more specific.  The volunteers are all about the kids, some people apparently like yourself like to be a part of the problem instead of be a solution!!!!!!!!!!!!

How would you know I am a part of the stands as a parent whiny and not on the board or a coach and/or an all star parent??? Don't assume that bad and ugly things don't go on and I am talking about the whole league.

Children immulate what they are taught.

Parents can teach there children it is okay wherever you play on the field instead of a position it is about a team effort. But they don't!,, that is BAD .

As for as the UGLY, How is it a true "All Star" player is passed up because  we have to keep Daddy Coach happy. AND I am not saying all coaches kids are not an All Star material....either I have seen ace players overlooked in somehow....hummm how does that happen?

In Both situations Parents will not be able to protect them when it comes to school ball and it is then that the child will feel let down and you did it to them not themselves.

The Little League

Pledge

I trust in God

I love my country

And will respect its laws

I will play fair

And strive to win

But win or lose

I will always do my best

good point! We should remember what it's all about! I think there is good and bad in all leagues, in all sports and all small towns. Bridge City being no different than Ned., PNG, WOS etc...

I know because i am on the board and i am a coach.  I strive to put the best team on the field..  I have always been sucessful because i try to teach all kids on my team.  I spend most of my time with the kids that need help!!  Ask any parent that has had a kid on my team.  I am in it for the right reasons.  I have always coached and I have just recently put my kid up for all stars, and anyone in the league would tell you that he desirves it.  I think that most parents look through clouded glasses when it comes to their kids.  I have always pushed to put the best 12 kids on the all star team. I have coached for in this town for 16 years and 8 of them were before my kid played.  So ask me again how do i know, because I learned the hard way and I learned from the best "Coach Young"  you cant win unless your weakest link can play also.  Volunteer before you open your mouth about this league and open your eyes to whats really happening......  I know every once in a while you have a kid slip in, but usually your first 10 or 11 kids are the right ones and the last pick is between 3 or 4 and you have six or so coaches voting for one kid.  I personally think we have the best system.  Every vote is closed ballot and its hard to manipulate..  Im not saying its perfect but its the best system ive seen.  I hope you have a better experience next year and I hope you open your eyes.  We wouldnt have 900 kids if we werent doing a pretty good job (Since everyone is volunteers)  If you dont like it then you can either leave or help out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all of my years of being involved with Little League, very rarely do the best 12 make the All Star team. That angers some people when you say that but it is a fact. I have nothing to do with BCLL and have no dog in that fight. So don't let the this upset the people of BC. I am not talking specifically about them. On just about every team in every league, there are kids that the parents, the other players and usually the AllStar coaches know don't deserve to be on the team. It has always been that way and it always will. That is why the teams from the larger cities usually represent at Williamsport. Their weakest player who has to play their one inning is lot stronger than the coach's son who was put on the team through the good-ol-boy network.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami