Coach Foreman recieves honor

Congratulations to Mark Foreman of West Orange Stark High School. Foreman was named Outstanding American Teacher for the National Honor Roll. Foreman teaches Health in addition to being the assistant football and track coach.

Way to go coach! :D

Hers the full article :wink:

Mark Foreman, a 22-year veteran teacher of West Orange-Stark High School has earned the National Honor Roll Outstanding American Teacher Award.

“One of my students nominated me,†Foreman said. “I don’t know who did, but I am very honored to have received (the nomination). Many people may feel that teaching is a thankless job, but this is like a reward. When a student nominates a teacher then that makes it more special than just your peers nominating you.â€

According to Foreman, 54, hundreds of applicants across the United States were sent a brochure and a questionnaire. Foreman filled it out and was later sent a congratulatory letter.

“It’s really great when a teacher receives an award and it is symbolic of all of our great teachers,†said Dr. O. Taylor Collins, superintendent for West Orange-Cove Consolidated Independent School District. “He is a great role model for the students.â€

Foreman has taught health education for 20 years and for one year taught a credit recovery class. He also is an assistant football and track coach and says he considers it was a blessing to have been a part of their life.

“The health class is a required one-semester class and teaches about life,†Foreman said. “I teach about relationships, values and standards to provide a good foundation for the rest of the classes.â€

Foreman said he hopes the class he teaches will enable students to become better people and to fully understand the importance of being a “better employee, citizen, son, daughter and parents to their own children someday.â€

“He’s very deserving of this award with the time and effort he contributes to the students at school and away from school,†said Mike Mason, West Orange-Stark High School principal.

Foreman plans to retire in December to be able to spend more time with his two grandchildren in Waxahachie.

“I will miss the (students) tremendously, but when I find something to do it will be with kids,†Foreman said.

Man...kicker' date=' you've been busy posting all over here and at the "home site" lately. I'm wondering if this is really Coop disguised with your username.[/quote']

No, Im copyright protected!! :lol:

Im just really bored at work.

I havent been on the Homesite lately :shock:

It could be Coop :lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami