Next year SLC Basketball.

UNLV

Ofcourse this based before final signing day.

UTA down down down...losing 3 stars.

SFA same/better....only losing the Fonz

SHSU....down down. SHSU will be lucky to make the tourney

SELA...down..losing green but have a few young guards that are rising stars

NW st...same

McNeese...down down losing a lot

CC,Nichols, Texas st...will again be the weakest teams...Watch out for cc in 2 years.

UCA...down...

UTSA...same...

Lamar...down..LU lose 3 starters,maybe 4...however recruits coming in could be better than out going guys, except for Sanders.

West will be weak so LU should win the west. SFA will be the team to beat.

Haha is anybody going to be better on this list? I think UTA will be up, they keep Vereen, and add probably the best recruiting class.

SFA got some guy from Dallas skyline (i think thats where he plays) who will probably be the next Josh Alexander and maybe better, they keep Alexander and Kingsley so i think they will be better.

LU... it just depends on who we bring in. If we get a legit 6-8 guy who can score down low, we have J. Brown, Nabors, Dawkins, McThay, Moton and Williams to spread the floor and shoot. Along with Worrell bringing in some muscle in the paint and Ashton Hall should be much improved.

I can't wait for the season to start again... should be exciting.

Guest coachacola

I think the SLC will be just as good next year as this year.  A few teams like SHSU will be down but a few others will be better.  And the spring signing period is coming up which will make a difference.  Here's how I see it:

Lamar should be better next year with Dawkins and Nabors leading the way.  Hall, Brown and Worrell will be better.  Mahoney will surprise us and be nice backup to Dawkins.  Moton will fill Todd's role nicely.  Roc will get a 6-8 impact player this spring to fill Sander's spot.

SFA should be just as good next year with Kinsley and Alexander coming back.

Texas State and TAMU-CC have young teams and they'll be better next year.

Northwestern State and SELA will have solid but not spectacular teams.

SHSU will be down but still a decent team.

Everyone else won't matter much.

BTW - with Lamar moving to the West division (and SFA to the east), it should be a better schedule (and a little harder), with both SFA and SHSU coming to Beaumont next year.

I think UTSA will also be much improved with probably the best recruit coming into the SLC, a PG from some school in San Antonio.

UTA will be better, trust me.

UNLV, any chance for a Lamar win over Tech this year?

I think UTSA will also be much improved with probably the best recruit coming into the SLC, a PG from some school in San Antonio.

UTA will be better, trust me.

UNLV, any chance for a Lamar win over Tech this year?

If Lamar new team could play as well as this years team, Lamar will win.

who are some of the recruits that Lamar is looking at bringing in?

A 6-4, 200 pound guard, Moton was a three-time first-team all-district performer at Central, where he was coached by former Lamar player Calvin Rice. He was a Top 50 players in the state of Texas as a senior and was a James Gamble Award nominee and a McDonald's All-America nominee.

Moton, who is a sophomore at Angelina College this year, averaged 9.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg and 1.3 apg as a freshman last season. He shot 43 percent from the field, 41 percent from three-point range and 70 percent from the free throw line. He led Angelina with 55 3-pointers made.

A 6-4, 185-pound guard, Harper has helped Madison win to straight district championships and advance to the Class 5A semifinals last season. He averaged 8.0 ppg last season and was an honorable mention all-district performer. Madison is ranked among the Top 20 Class 5A teams in the state.

Harper, who is a three-year varsity letterwinner, is ranked as the 48th best prospect in the state by Texas Roundball and 72nd by Texas Hoops. He played for the San Antonio AAU team last summer where he averaged 17.5 ppg and 10.0 rpg. He helped lead the team to the 2007 Las Vegas Main Event championship.

Williams, a 6-2, 190-pound guard, averaged 4.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg and 1.1 spg as a freshman last season at Chipola College, which was ranked No. 1 in the NJCAA Top 25 poll much of the year and advanced to the NJCAA National Championship game. He shot 43 percent from the field, 38 percent from 3-point range and 65 percent from the free throw line. Williams is redshirting this season which will give him three years of eligibility at Lamar.

A native of Dublin, Ga., Williams prepped at East Laurens High School where he was also one of the top quarterbacks in the state. Chipola College, who has had six players sign early to play next year at four-year institutions, is off to a 14-0 start this season and is ranked as the No. 1 team in the country.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83