Texas City baseball shuts out La Marque by 30

Texas City baseball shuts out La Marque by 30

From staff reports

The Daily News

Published March 21, 2008

Baseball

Texas City 30, La Marque 0

Blake Apffel drove in five runs, while Michael Ray and Rene Siloteo each had four RBIs in the Stings’ destruction of the Cougars on Thursday

Ray had three hits, including a grand slam, while Apffel hit a two-run homer. Kyle Myers had three hits and three RBIs, Tony Melecio drove in two runs and Jason Sheffield had four hits.

Kyle Kern got the win for Texas City (8-10 overall, 3-1 district), allowing just one hit and striking out eight in five innings.

Dickinson 6, Santa Fe 2

Tyler Magliolo had three hits to lead the Gators to victory.

Logan Cary and Robert Ruffins each went 2-for-3 for Dickinson, while Chris Myers had a sacrifice fly.

Ray Whitley got the win for Dickinson (7-8, 2-2) after allowing eight hits over seven innings. Ben Sheehan took the loss for Santa Fe (3-1 district).

rude, that may be the worst baseball score I have ever seen

Huffman beat BH 30-0 around 1980.

Sure about that one sticky?

I have a copy of the BH baseball record book that the coach puts out, and since you asked, I looked it up.  Huffman 30 and BH 0 in 1981.  Worst defeat in baseball history at BH.  Number two worst defeat is SFA 17-0 over the Hill in 1986.  Third worst is HF 18-2 over BH in 1984.

Come on stick who keeps records that far back? Coach Spangler would have never have jacked up the score that bad would he? Good for him BC someone must have irritated old Al and he had to take out the stick.  ;D I am sure that if this Tuesday if your boy Gilligan gets the chance he will return the favor on us as he always does.

Guest Orangeboy

Sometimes a baseball game can get ugly. And sometimes there is very little the coach on the winning side can do. Knowing Coach Young, I'm sure he tried to do everything within his power from embarassing his opponent like this, but sometimes when things are going bad for a team they just continue to snowball until they hit rock bottom.

Guest Orangeboy

Off of 3A Down Low....last week Sealy beat Brookshire Royal 44-1.

Glad I was no where around that field, these kind of games are no fun for anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Orangeboy

I talked to Coach Young about this game the other day, he said they scored 5 in the 1st, 15 in the 2nd, and after that he went to the home plate umpire and asked him to do something about it. The umpire told him he would call anything close. Coach Young said that La Marque has folded their JV team and their varsity only had 11 players. He said the community or the school really doesn't care about baseball, and he felt bad for the players who are the ones being hurt by this.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics