Brenham tournament scores

lcmcoach4

What you must remember is that they are still a young team and it is early in the season. Their pitcher was on and ours wasn't, its as simple as that. I think the bears biggest problem is adjusting to different pitchers. When we faced Kelly at our own tourn, fazio had 8-9ks in 4 innings, but did anyone mention that we loaded the bases in the 4th ? Ben probably got rattled after the first inning with the balk call and an inconsistent stikezone . Lets hope that gorilla... I mean King Kong ball will continue today.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest co4ch

Why didnt Co4ch bring #12 to H-F?

Sorry sportsdadd I didn't have anything to do with it but I do and will ask the man himself why Kyle isn't apart of the Horn family.

Guest leatherneck

Its always tough to play brenham at there own tournement, and just about every year the umps are a little one sided but man not one run after all the bombs lcm has been hitting?

Need some info on this for sure!

Man the umps had nothing to do with this one. Like I said in the other post, the difference was Kyle Mangan #12 for Brenham, he was throwing 89-90 consistently and his slider was wicked. There were two check swings that went against LCM and a balk call but it was 6-0 by then. The umps were switched in the third becaue the LCM starter threw his 15 wild pitch that bounced in front of the plate and hit the ump in the hand, probably broke it so they switched. Lcm has a good team but tonight they were shut down, period. The only two balls hit out of the infield were hits other than that it domination. Good luck tomorrow Bears.

The umps were horrible the first two innings, but Co4ch is right, it had nothing to do with the out come of the game.  Mangan was lights out, and Brenham was the better team on this night.  I would not go as far to say that LCM can only hit poor pitching as stated in another post, LCM has faced some quality pitchers and has done very well.  LCM like any other team out there is not going to hit 3-4 homeruns against pitchers like a Mangan.  What LCM has to do is find a way to keep other teams from scoring as many runs as the other teams have been scoring.  This tourney alone LCM has giving up 10, 15, 1, and 10 runs.  LCM has some great ball players, just need to work on some fundamentals to bring it all together.  LCM does not have that lights out # 1 pitcher like some other teams, but LCM does have 5-6 pitchers that can take the mound and do very well with back up.  Coach Griff and LCM will bring it all together as they always do.  Don't be fooled and think that LCM is done because of one loss. District is around the corner and coach Griff will have them ready.  This will be an exciting district.   

Its always tough to play brenham at there own tournement, and just about every year the umps are a little one sided but man not one run after all the bombs lcm has been hitting?

Need some info on this for sure!

Man the umps had nothing to do with this one. Like I said in the other post, the difference was Kyle Mangan #12 for Brenham, he was throwing 89-90 consistently and his slider was wicked. There were two check swings that went against LCM and a balk call but it was 6-0 by then. The umps were switched in the third becaue the LCM starter threw his 15 wild pitch that bounced in front of the plate and hit the ump in the hand, probably broke it so they switched. Lcm has a good team but tonight they were shut down, period. The only two balls hit out of the infield were hits other than that it domination. Good luck tomorrow Bears.

I didnt say it was all on the umps, i said that it always seems onsided. 

But other than that lcm should not have been beaten that badly, they are to good of a team.

Just curoius, but how did number 12 from lcm do.

Guest co4ch

Huntsville was down 4-3 in the sixth and scored 4 and won 7-4. Brenham was flat, committed 4 errors and got only 3 hits all night, sent only 26 hitters to the plate in 7 innings.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83