Becca Matthews New BC Coach

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

not just that she graduated from BC' date=' but vidor cannot really compete for a playoff spot in the district they are in. She is a good coach, but that is a tough volleyball district.[/quote']

That is why coaches coach..to get that average team to be above average.

You say that Vidor can't compete for a playoff spot..Well the only smart thing you said was that,that is a tough district.

Coaches look for challenges and strive to make kids better and teams better..They just don't go where the team is already a good team and just lay up and expect to win just because that is a winning school..

I think that is untrue why she left Vidor ..She left because that is where she is from ,and she had the oppurtunity to go back and coach.

sorry if what i wrote bothers you. but the truth of the matter is coaches leave all the time when they can see the athletes coming up not being able to compete in their district. that happens in every sport. but the thing about vidor not being able to win in their district..... just let time be the judge. if in the next 3 or 4 years vidor some how starts winning i will gladly admit my mistake.

sorry if what i wrote bothers you. but the truth of the matter is coaches leave all the time when they can see the athletes coming up not being able to compete in their district. that happens in every sport. but the thing about vidor not being able to win in their district..... just let time be the judge. if in the next 3 or 4 years vidor some how starts winning i will gladly admit my mistake.

So what is the difference between BC and Vidor?? Was BC a volleyball school since day one??

What about Vidor's basketball program..We never use to win at all..then a couple years ago Brian English came along and changed Vidor into a basketball contender.

Ozen use to never lose..then we come along and beat them,not once but twice that year..NOW we are competing every year for a playoff spot..What changed all that?? It was the Coach and the "program"..

What changed Central football around from a year before?? The coach..

There is no difference between BC and Vidor..they are all white,the schools are 10-15 minutes apart from one another..So what makes them "athletes" and Vidor not...

NOTHING..it is the program and the school...

It seems to me that you have never coached anyone or anything..and you really have no knowledge ,and no "theory" to back it up..you are probably some "vidor hater" and your not smart to come up with anything else except that there are no athletes in Vidor.

and if we suck that bad and there are no athletes in Vidor then why has Becca's older brother been the head Coach for 8 years now?? and why has he been there for 14 years if he has no faith in Vidor???

You claim that Becca seen she had no talent and thats why coaches move on because they see no playoff potential..YOU are wrong!!!

Dont you think Jeff Mathews who hired Becca be gone now if that was the case??? You REV faulk are a very poor soul who knows nothing about coaching and apperently any type of sport..

well, you did take what i said the wrong way. sorry. i have coached before, and i took teams to the playoffs every year i coached, even the teams that didn't make it prior to my coming. but different coaches leave for different reasons. you don't know what becca left. i am not a vidor hater.... have many friends from there. the difference between vidor and bc is that bc has a tradition of going to the playoffs. bc has been to the playoffs every year except one since 1996. but like i said before i we can just let time be the judge of vidors abilities. but best of luck. and if they prove me wrong, honestly i hope they do, i will gladly admit my mistake. so best of luck. i would personally like to see a changing of the guard in the 4a ranks.

The comparsion between BC and Vidor was meant for an example..I meant "someone" made BC a volley ball school..They just didnt become a Volleyball school from day one..

So that meant one coach at one time made them to what they are today..

It is just hard for me to believe towns that are very similiar and close to one another ,one produces athletes and one dont..They all have them it is the coach and the program that brings the best out in them, and brings them to there potential..

Vidor's basketball program has athletes and it took one coach that installed a winning attitude and a whole lot of effort ,and he turned them around..the athletes are there and it will take time for the right coach to come along..

You stated Bc has been to the playoffs for every year since 96'..A coach at that tiem has brought them to that point..God jsut dotn make athletes in certain cities and say "ok no athletes will be born in Vidor"..they are already there and it will take soemone to mold them kids into winners..

Guest jbseballfan

I'm sorry Piratefan but I have to agree with Faulk on this one. The sad truth is that some schools are lucky to have a wealth of pure athleticism on their side. I'm not talking skill.....pure, natural talent. That's the thing. Any coach can come in and teach great fundamentals, game skills, etc. to an average team and they might experience sporadic success. BUT, you take a team that has some athletic kids with great court sense (something that cannot be taught) and those kids will always excel. It's just the way it is and you have to accept it. I mean look at Jacques at BC....excels in every sport she plays. Just a really talented kid. Name one person on Vidor's team that displays that kind of athleticism.

JMO

Guest jbseballfan

I could have sworn that we were talking about volleyball. You replied about revfaulk's statement regarding BC's playoff run.

The bottom line is....BC's volleyball team is just way more athletic than Vidor's. i. e. they've beat Vidor twice already. That was the point I was making.

Guest jbseballfan

Sorry....just reread through your previous posts and wanted to address some stuff.

Piratefan wrote "The comparsion between BC and Vidor was meant for an xample..I meant "someone" made BC a volley ball school..They just didnt become a Volleyball school from day one. So that meant one coach at one time made them to what they are today.. "

Okay, so you are telling me that some coach ten years ago, when the current athletes were in elementary, came in "made" BC a volleyball school and so it just stands that no matter what BC will be a volleyball school. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. The reason they continue to be a success is because of the consistently good athletes that come through there.

Piratefan wrote:

God jsut dotn make athletes in certain cities and say "ok no athletes will be born in Vidor"..they are already there and it will take soemone to mold them kids into winners..

I'm sorry but sometimes God does bless some cities with more athletic talent than others. And you keep bringing up Jeff Mathews, who is still there after 8 years.....um, if your theory is correct...that a coach will bring out the best in his athletes....why hasn't Vidor been in playoff contention in football? Because I can tell you that Jeff is a first-rate coach. The reason he hasn't had the success he so deserves is because of a lack of overall athletic talent in his program. The girls are suffering from the same problem.

And that brings me back to the beginning of this whole thread.....who really cares why she left? It's not anyone's business but hers.

I also found it funny that when I asked for specific names off the volleyball team you had to go digging for a football/baseball player.

Compare your girl athletes to these......

Bridge City- Jacques, the Angelle twins, Audrey and Andy Myers

Orangefield- the Sanders sisters, Kirby Meyers, KK Little

Lumberton- Courtney Wilson, Chelsea Pickering

Nederland- Lana McClung, there are some twins or triplets that are awesome, Taylor Trojcack

You get my point. LCM has a few girls in volleyball that are good but you have to give their softball team props.

Guest jbseballfan

Did it ever occur to you that I myself am in fact female? I follow women's sports in Southeast Texas because that's where I am from and even used to coach.

What amazes me Piratefan is that when confronted with the harsh reality that other than Vidor's extremely successful basketball program you just don't have much talent, you revert to childish name calling. I believe it was, dumba$$ and pervert right?

Now, that took a whole lot of intellectual thought on your part. Congratulations on your witty dialect.

Guest jbseballfan

Oh, and by the way...you're the one that is such a staunch Vidor supporter yet you have some ridiculous Lumberton quote in your tag line.

Guest jbseballfan

WOW, yet another childish name calling incident!

Piratefan.... im done with you until you can actively participate in an adult conversation......if that is even a remote possibility.

Have a nice day.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sportsfanatic

I'm not really sure why one person can really be the topic of conversation for a lot of people, but I personally know Becca and think that she is a great coach with a lot of enthusiasm. I know if was tough for her to leave Vidor for the love of the kids she worked with, but B.C. IS her home and that is a good enough reason for me. She will be wonderful for ANY program she works with....it's just in her family!!!!!

I'm not really sure why one person can really be the topic of conversation for a lot of people' date=' but I personally know Becca and think that she is a great coach with a lot of enthusiasm. I know if was tough for her to leave Vidor for the love of the kids she worked with, but B.C. IS her home and that is a good enough reason for me. She will be wonderful for ANY program she works with....it's just in her family!!!!![/quote']

true but other people that dont even know her thinks they know the reason..Vidor just dont have the athletes they say..Tell Becca that and see what she tells you

i kind of thought this topic was dead, but i guess not.... anyway becca left vidor. she is now at bridge city. you are right no one knows her exact motives except her. but the thing about vidor not having any athletes..... besides 1 year in basketball please tell me in which of the other main sports has vidor made the playoffs in the last 5-7 years. i am not saying they haven't, i just don't know of any off hand. but i haven't kept up with vidor sports very much. but i know they haven't won in football or volleyball in a long time.... so is it the coaching or the lack of athletes? you decide.

Foootball..

So before you dog someone get the facts straight....

Oh and softball we went to the final four in the state... Guess you don't remember that one do you..Soccer !! and I do believe we do quite well in powerlifting,you might want to ask around..

And I dont know if you realize this but we are in a very tough district..So whatever school you come from ,you put that district up against ours and see who has the tougher road..........

i kind of thought this topic was dead' date=' but i guess not.... anyway becca left vidor. she is now at bridge city. you are right no one knows her exact motives except her. but the thing about vidor not having any athletes..... besides 1 year in basketball please tell me in which of the other main sports has vidor made the playoffs in the last 5-7 years. i am not saying they haven't, i just don't know of any off hand. but i haven't kept up with vidor sports very much. but i know they haven't won in football or volleyball in a long time.... so is it the coaching or the lack of athletes? you decide.[/quote']

Maybe it is one of the touhgest districts around... Maybe that could be it???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed