Freedom of speech, or a few guys opinion?

Ok Gander, i have to go with the moderator on this one. I always enjoy your enthusiasm on your post but--going with the mods on this one should not make me a communist, nor against freedom of speech, and most definitely not an unpatriotic atheist. 

SETX has provided us with a very informative and fun media to get to discuss things.  I appreciate the moderators keeping a lid on things.  I too have been warned--and i believe i have had a thread locked up.  I have even received an email telling me my son seems to be getting into trouble in other threads. 

These guys in my opinion have to make a timely decision as to when an issue is getting out of hand.  Sometimes they may make a mistake--but a heated discussion can lead to a number of things that they would regret if they did not stop it and something more serious was a result of their indecision. 

To know that my kid and his or her friends are subjected to public humiliation is comforted by the fact that this forum is under many watchful eyes.  Yes we have freedom of speech, but let us all realize that this web site is free also.  As you and Bag have so faithfully protected our country, let the moderators do their jobs and protect their readers who pay the same price as the writers.

Now that i have sucked up to the moderators---i expect my Karma to get a little boost.  ;D

Weed, Great post and I agree with a lot of it and the rest was some terrific BS ! everyone that post should be equal thats the point !

the bolded part suggests that the individual feels there is favoritism shown by the moderators

The softball section is much more controlled and I am OK with that but I let me ask this. If that happens here why is Coach Priced BASHED without end in the football section? I think it would be good if you guys would work on some consistency.

I try to stay pretty much on the SB board. The FB board seems to be a lot more malicious than this one, I'll agree. It appears to be the judgement of the moderators on each board. I have looked at some post on the FB, that I thought should be taken down, but didn't do it myself, because I would guess they have established a level of trash that is acceptable on that board, and the posters there, know what it is. So I let the mods on that board make decisions on what is and what is not acceptable. Sometimes I may be a little trigger happy, but I also get pm's asking me to intervene. Overall, though, I believe it has lead to a more harmonious board here. I won't always make the right decision, and everyone will not always be happy, but I do what I think is right.

And I believe you do a great job. But the Dayton post was just for humor. I promise you many people laughed.

Now removing the stuff about Lana was strange. I only stated the facts. As a freshman she started 50 games at catcher and played DP in 10 more. She is a great young lady who won her starting spot because of her work ethic and ability, not because of some other factor.

Guest BreakerCoach

Ok Gander, i have to go with the moderator on this one. I always enjoy your enthusiasm on your post but--going with the mods on this one should not make me a communist, nor against freedom of speech, and most definitely not an unpatriotic atheist. 

SETX has provided us with a very informative and fun media to get to discuss things.  I appreciate the moderators keeping a lid on things.  I too have been warned--and i believe i have had a thread locked up.  I have even received an email telling me my son seems to be getting into trouble in other threads. 

These guys in my opinion have to make a timely decision as to when an issue is getting out of hand.  Sometimes they may make a mistake--but a heated discussion can lead to a number of things that they would regret if they did not stop it and something more serious was a result of their indecision. 

To know that my kid and his or her friends are subjected to public humiliation is comforted by the fact that this forum is under many watchful eyes.  Yes we have freedom of speech, but let us all realize that this web site is free also.  As you and Bag have so faithfully protected our country, let the moderators do their jobs and protect their readers who pay the same price as the writers.

Now that i have sucked up to the moderators---i expect my Karma to get a little boost.  ;D

Weed, Great post and I agree with a lot of it and the rest was some terrific BS ! everyone that post should be equal thats the point !

the bolded part suggests that the individual feels there is favoritism shown by the moderators

You Think ! I'm BC

Guest BreakerCoach

dang i was hopin sombody thought one of my posts had positively contributed to the topic  ;D

as for the you think part note that i said it suggests that doesnt mean thats how he meant for it to sound thats just how it came across.

Sorry Buc, but it was positive and a good point !  ;D

If a coach is an idiot, says things to and about the players that reflect poorly upon his character;  berates the parents of opposing teams to the opposing teams players - he needs to be called out for it and that is all the now deleted thread was doing. There is not a better format anywhere in this area that can get this information out. It needs to be exposed / not censored -

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami