Bobby Knight Resigns

This is the hidden content, please

BREAKING NEWS: Tech's Bobby Knight Reportedly Resigns

POSTED: 6:08 pm CST February 4, 2008

UPDATED: 6:19 pm CST February 4, 2008

FORT WORTH, Texas -- NBC's affiliate in Lubbock, NewsChannel 11, is reporting that Texas Tech Basketball Coach Bob Knight has resigned, effective immediately.

KCBD.com said that Assistant Coach Pat Knight will take over.

The announcement comes just two days before Tech's next basketball game, which is Wednesday against Baylor in Waco. It also comes less than three weeks after Knight's record 900th win. 

NewsChannel 11 said that Coach Knight told Athletic Director Gerald Myers that he was ready to quit and tired of coaching.

Stay tuned to NBC5i.com and NBC 5 for more information on this late-breaking story.

Guest abovetherim

Dang it! I was hopeful of Bobby Knight coaching next year as the Red Raiders visit the Montagne Center. Now, the game will not have near the interest. Well he was a great coach, future basketball HOF member but man did the guy have some issues.

Dang it! I was hopeful of Bobby Knight coaching next year as the Red Raiders visit the Montagne Center. Now, the game will not have near the interest. Well he was a great coach, future basketball HOF member but man did the guy have some issues.

Wow, I'm glad I got to see him when they came here at SHSU earlier this year...

He was quiet, boring, and reserved whenever we played at Tech, even though the game came down to the final seconds.

Its still Texas Tech, a Big XII team coming to the Montagne. And we will still have Knight that everybody can watch.

He resigned because he feared the trip to Beaumont next year.

Rumor has it that they will falsely self-report gross NCAA violations so that they the whole program shut down. Why? They fear the Cards. ;D

That's completely understandable!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami