Txstar & TVC

gringo

Txstar - how did ya'll end up doing down south this year?  TVC - did you get to go back down to Maverick this year?  We ended up shooting some real nice deer - 149 (big 8), 151, 157, 158, 160, 164, and 167. One week left for bucks and we still got to knock out some more does!

The overall quality of the deer was excellent...just the plain 8 pts. had good mass and length.  Saw deer to 190". The rain played a good part, saw alot of twin yearlings I was with my buddy when he shot a 187 non typ.  The place I guide (San Miguel Ranch) have shot several over 170 and another friend of mine shot a 182" 10 point last Friday...a ton of quality 150"  have been killed.  Look at he deer on LosCuernos...they have some huge ones. I'm still booking MLD hunts through Feb., and hunts for next year, if ya'll are interested, we'll get in touch.  My buddy at the Trodillo shot a 151" 8-pt.  A really good season.

I did not make it although I tried. I was supposed to have had a slot for me open and a guy said that he had made the required deposit. I could have easily paid but the guy that was part of the group kept saying that it was paid. It turned out that he had lied and never sent in the money to reserve the slot. The ranch then gave the slot to another person. Like I said, I could have easily paid for it but kept being told that the all of the group's deposits had been paid when my slot was not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont