Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Greetings all and sundry! Bandtober is upon us and the return of the annual UIL Region 10 Marching Band Contest is nigh!

This year's contest will be held Saturday October 17, 2026 at Port Neches-Groves HS Stadium. The schedule shows 30 bands competing to earn that coveted Division 1 rating and the chance to move on to area competition and hopefully state competition.

I am unsure of admission prices to the contest but last year, it was $7 (https://region10uilmusic.com/).

As I have done the past number of years, I plan to attend and record all the bands. If y'all want, come say hi to me as I battle the weather elements and try to get the best video/audio recordings of our local high school bands.

Once I get back home, I will start to edit the video and audio, then post onto my

This is the hidden content, please
.

The weather might cooperate this year and actually feel like fall! As of today October 8, 2026, there appears to be a cool front arriving next Friday and might have temperatures in the 70s with a nice north breeze. Regardless, I still have to apply the sunscreen, bust out the big umbrella, and keep well-hydrated.

A reminder that ALL classifications will have the opportunity to advance past region to area/state competition.
Keep in mind that we have separate open class (contemporary-style) and military class tracks for state marching band contest.


Some of my thoughts:
- The contest is starting a bit later than last year (10:00am compared to 9:30am).
- All bands that performed last year are returning this year to compete.
- Lamar University is playing two exhibition performances, one after all the 3A bands finish and after all the 5As complete their performances.
- Currently we have 3-2A, 9-3A, 12-4A, and 6-5A bands participating.


Best wishes to all participating bands as they finish learning their music/drill and polishing up their shows in the next week.

UIL Region 10 Marching Contest 2026.PNG.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    46,973
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    TDS4theWin
    Newest Member
    TDS4theWin
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...