Yates New #1 in 4A

Guest DickVitale

::) ::) ::)....tsk tsk tsk....That target will definitely be entirely too big for them at that FOOTBALL SCHOOL!!..Coop, please remember my prediction for an early playoff exit for them...save this post! ;)

Guest DickVitale

Remember this...State titles are NEVER won in December and January...If Oak Hill was their "state title game", then they are in BIG trouble... ;)...Remember that tidbit, my friend.... ;)

Congratulations, you're right for once....State titles are never won in Dec. or Jan.    That's something you can relay to your Ozen boys! LOL Yates will continue thier success on into March and come away with the State Title, whaddya think diaper dandy.

They were tough NAMES not tough teams, I promise you that my lil buddy!! ;)....

Sorry Dick, Oahhill may not be a strong as past teams but they are good. Ozen is beatable outside of Beaumont. The Aldine schools have proven this along with that team (Harker Heights) with no guards on their teams. But I'm a little bias for Houstomn teams anyway ;)

They were tough NAMES not tough teams, I promise you that my lil buddy!! ;)....

Man I was there and those two teams will beat most teams in Texas.  If Ozen plays a half court game with either one of these team they will lose...  The difference was Yates style of play!!!!  They were good teams smarty! ::)

Guest DickVitale

The way you guys are talking maybe Appalachian State should have been playing in the BCS title game last night!! Oak Hill is no where NEAR as good as they have been, and their coach echoed the same statements before coming to Houston.  People are playing the NAME this season, and losing Willlie Warren did not help.  We shall see come playoff time...and once again I will say I TOLD YOU SO!! ;)

The way you guys are talking maybe Appalachian State should have been playing in the BCS title game last night!! Oak Hill is no where NEAR as good as they have been, and their coach echoed the same statements before coming to Houston.  People are playing the NAME this season, and losing Willlie Warren did not help.  We shall see come playoff time...and once again I will say I TOLD YOU SO!! ;)

Oakhill is down and I agree but they beat the topped ranked team in Texas 5A...  So they are good enought to beat most teams still... Nobody including Ozen would have beat the Oakhill teams that were here in the past...  But St. Patrick is as good as advertised!

Oakhill is down and I agree but they beat the topped ranked team in Texas 5A...  So they are good enought to beat most teams still... Nobody including Ozen would have beat the Oakhill teams that were here in the past...  But St. Patrick is as good as advertised!

And I still say if Ozen played this Oakhill team in the half court like they do... They would certainly lose....  tiny Gallon and Brandon Jennings are too good in the half court!

Guest DickVitale

Yates' team this year is OLDER, since they basically are the same team from last year, which would make any team better, but I think that people are putting wayyyyy too much into the "Houston vs. The Nation" games without realizing that those teams are really not what they used to be. When we played in the "Academy Invitational" back in 01-02, THAT was the REAL DEAL.  Yates has a good group, but that tourney will NOT get them out of the region...4 trips in 6 years....and counting... ;)..See you in Austin!!

Yates' team this year is OLDER, since they basically are the same team from last year, which would make any team better, but I think that people are putting wayyyyy too much into the "Houston vs. The Nation" games without realizing that those teams are really not what they used to be. When we played in the "Academy Invitational" back in 01-02, THAT was the REAL DEAL.  Yates has a good group, but that tourney will NOT get them out of the region...4 trips in 6 years....and counting... ;)..See you in Austin!!

Ozen can beat Yates because Boutte won't get caught up in their frantic styles...  I haven't seen a Melo' on this years basketball teams...  There was no kid in AAU that made me go wow like some in the past... As far as this years crop Oakhill is down but they still have two of the best juniors in the country!  The Houston vs. the Nation was a good bench mark...  St. Patrick is still ranked top 5!

Ozen can beat Yates because Boutte won't get caught up in their frantic styles...  I haven't seen a Melo' on this years basketball teams...  There was no kid in AAU that made me go wow like some in the past... As far as this years crop Oakhill is down but they still have two of the best juniors in the country!  The Houston vs. the Nation was a good bench mark...  St. Patrick is still ranked top 5!

Ive seen 6 of the top 15 players in '08 class and none of them get close to last year or the old Academy Invitational Players!

Guest DickVitale

Oh no, not at all...My point was that that tourney could not hold a candle to the old "Academy Invitational"...You think "Tiny" Gallon is as big a name for Oak Hill as CARMELO ANTHONY?? How about Los Angeles Westchester featuring Trevor Ariza (Lakers)? The last few years was just a money making opportunity for some promoters based on what it USED to be...The ONLY Texas team that played against "the nation" was....you guessed it US at Ozen!! PLEASE BRING YATES ON!!! I WISH THE PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY!! Folks it won't be the game that everyone thnks it will be IF they don't get beat early...You'll see...

Guest DickVitale

Don't make me laugh, please!! Whoever the opponent is come playoff time will have their hands full. nuff said.  Trevor Ariza plays for the Lakers and plays in the rotation. He played at Arizona and was a BEAST! Like I said, you will see... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont