****Charles leaving for NFL****

Charles leaving for NFL

Wednesday, January 2, 2008, 02:10 PM

Jamaal Charles, who said only a week ago he was staying at Texas, has decided to leave school early for the NFL.

Charles becomes the second Longhorn in Mack Brown’s 10 years at UT to leave school early. He went home to Port Arthur after the Holiday Bowl and changed his mind. Those close to Charles said last month he was receiving pressure from friends and family back home to leave for the NFL.

Charles rushed for 161 yards at the Holiday Bowl, giving him 1,619 yards for the year, which is the fifth-best single-season performance in school history.

Good for him.  No chance on hanging around getting hurt while watching them let Colt McCoy drag that team farther down.

I don't think it's Colt McCoy...

They are using the same offense they had when they had VY, and we all know Colt is no VY.

Both Colt and Charles would have been better suited in an I formation.

That said...

GOOD LUCK TO CHARLES!!!

I hope he goes in the first round.

Guest abovetherim

I was just passing on information from a very reliable source. I had nothing to gain by not telling the truth. I just hope he goes in the 1st or 2nd round and would love my Dallas Cowboys to use their 2 pick in the 1st round to draft him. That would be totally awesome!!!!!

I could definitely live with JC at Dallas.  Julius is as good as gone since he will be an unrestricted FA.  Give the starting job to Barber and use Jamal as a change of pace back with his speed.

Best of luck to JC!  It is great to see a guy from this area have so much success.  I think he could have had even more at Texas if used properly, but he is an amazing talent nonetheless.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont