Girls Summer League

Guest bleed orange

Guest bleed orange

Talent comes in cycles in high school sports. You have a few good years and you have a few lean years. East Chambers is in one of those lean years. No disrespect intended. That is the way it is sometimes. What I witnessed the other night from East chambers was not basketball. They played NO defense, their goal was to hurt someone and luckly nobody was. Alot of kids have attitude's and I understand that, We are no different. But just because you are in one of those "lean" years does not mean your kids have to play the way they do and they do NOT PLAY BASKETBALL the way it was intended to be played. I blame the officials for letting it get out of control. You say our kids have attitude's, I agree but so does yours. But atleast we play defense the way it is supposed to be played. I hope their high school coach reads this.

Dont get to upset about the summer league.It is just a time to keep the kids playing.Their is absolutely nothing an official can do to control a summer league game as long as no one can foul out.The good teams adjust to the way officials call games in the regular season and the poor ones usually complain about the officiating.While they are definitely right and wrong ways to play defense neither has anything to do with the officials.Our kids have been playing in several leagues this summer and the officiating has been excellent,especially in Kountze,Coach Joubert runs a great league and should be commended for keeping all the kids in the gym.Also my hat is off to all the teams playing down there I havent seen a flagrant foul or a technical this summer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami