Brauninger signs...

i asked yesterday on the other thread and got no response but i found this on the McNeese website....

Southland Conference champions sign hard hitting first baseman

Texan Ryan Brauninger is the latest McNeese baseball recruit

June 15, 2006

The McNeese State baseball team has added hard hitting first baseman/designated hitter Ryan Brauninger to its list of recruits for the 2006 season.

A native of Nederland, TX, Brauninger played last season at Hill Junior College where he batted .346 with six home runs, eight doubles and 30 RBIs in a platoon setting.

"Ryan is a tremendous strong right side hitter and will supply power to the middle of our lineup," Cowboy recruiting coordinator Chris Fackler said. "He brings leadership and is a very knowledgeable student of the game. I was fortunate to coach Ryan in summer select ball during his high school years and I know the impact he is going to make to our lineup and to our program."

During his prep career at Nederland High, the 6-3, 215 pounder was twice named to the Beaumont Enterprise "Super Gold" team, twice to the Port Arthur News "dream team" and was a three time all-district selection at first base.

He helped lead his team to an undefeated season in district play his senior year while batting .355 with eight home runs, 12 doubles and 50 RBIs.

He's the 11th recruit for the Southland Conference champion Cowboys this year and he joins former Barbe High player Chris Abshire as a recruit from Hill Junior College in Texas.

McNeese 2006 baseball recruits

Chris Abshire, Hill Junior College, Barbe High 2B/3B 5-10 185

Ryan Brauninger, Hill Junior College, Nederland (TX) High1B/DH 6-3 215

Tony Coniglio, Sulphur High C 6-2 190

Jonathan Conrad, Sulphur High RHP 6-3 185

Todd Fontenot, Barbe High RHP 5-9 170

Broc Haymon, Bridge City (TX) High LHP 6-3 180

Derek Matthews, Walker High P 6-1 215

Andy Riche, Sulphur High Inf/OF 6-1 195

Andrew Riddick, Splendora (TX) High OF/P 6-1 190

Matt Simon, Sulphur High OF/LHP 5-10 190

Dallas Smith, DeRidder High LHP 6-4 185