*Nederland vs OF/OF WINS 52-49*/Comments

Fitch was the one positive. Missed layups, outrebounded, and dribbling into double and triple teams killed Nederland.  They didn't look like they were in this game at all.  Pitts' two threes at the end were good but were too little too late.  IMO: Senior captain is not playing within the team concept.  His points aren't worth the turnovers he gives up at key times by dribbling into double and triple teams.  He needs to pass the ball or be on the bench. 

OF made their shots and did what they had to do to win.

Guest catfever

Nobody dribbled into double or triple teams.  They penetrated the lanes and kicked out for threes.  Some of those passes were not very good passes.  That is created from the defensive pressure.  Bottom line is OF stepped up.  Good job OF you deserve some credit.

Guest catfever

OF is 6-2.  They lost to Tarkington the first game with minimal practice and they lost at Deweyville which is not an easy place to win.  Nederland just got 2nd behind Ozen in thier tournament.  They were actually winning through two and a half quarters.  They beat Livingston, West Orange (twice last week), and a team out of Houston.  Man they must be struggling since loley Orangefield beat them. 

Nobody dribbled into double or triple teams.  They penetrated the lanes and kicked out for threes.  Some of those passes were not very good passes.  That is created from the defensive pressure.  Bottom line is OF stepped up.  Good job OF you deserve some credit.

Your right, most of the players do penetrate and kick out for threes.  There is primarily one player that has routinely tried to penetrate between two and three defenders without kicking out and he routinely ends up losing the ball too many times in a game.  Last night was no exception.  He did dribble into double and triple teams and lost the ball. 

I did give OF credit.  They did what they had to do.  They outrebounded and outshot Nederland and held on to win at the end.  I tip my hat to them.  No disrespect was meant for their effort.  They did their job.

Guest Ricthepic

Orangefield year in and out gets overlooked. The Bobcats are a fine team, very well coached and most importantly are very skilled. The Bobcats do not rattle. The Bulldogs on the other hand need to come to play every night. Nederland has some excellent wins, but some very disappointing losses.

OF is 6-2.  They lost to Tarkington the first game with minimal practice and they lost at Deweyville which is not an easy place to win.  Nederland just got 2nd behind Ozen in thier tournament.  They were actually winning through two and a half quarters.  They beat Livingston, West Orange (twice last week), and a team out of Houston.  Man they must be struggling since loley Orangefield beat them. 

I am assuming that you are saying that Nederland "was winning through two and half quarters."  First of all, let me state that I attended the Nederland/Ozen game. I think this was my very first high school basketball game I have attended in this area. But I think it's somewhat misleading to say especially in basketball that a team was actually winning through two and half quarters. I've seen too many times where weaker teams were leading early in the games and it's just a matter of the stronger team focusing and executing their game plan.  Key word being focused. But don't get me wrong, Nederland has a good team and I wish them well. I had the chance to see their coach in action working with the younger kids and he's good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami