Dickinson vs. Lamar Consolidated Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

Three years ago we played Dickinson and as always we beat them.  Back then their QB and RB were a freshman and a softmore.  I was impressed and said they would do well in a year or two.  This is their year and I think they pull one out in a close game. 

Just a note:  Keep an eye out for Brazosport.  They snuck in under everyone's radar and kicked some butt. 

If you can stop LC's running back Jaquizz, you can beat LC.  They have a good passing game, but a lot of their game is based on the RB setting up and participating in the pass. 

Having watched BH be on the south end of LC's beat down before, I am hoping the Gators pull it out.  Dickinson spanked LaMarque and was only beat by 3 points against Texas City.  Dickinson has one heck of a defense, only allowing 14.2 points per game against a VERY good list of teams (Texas City, Friendswood, Brazosport, LaMarque & Crosby). 

GO GATORS!!!!!!!

Former Home of Heisman Trophy Winner Andre Ware:

Upon leaving Dickinson High School, Andre Ware played at the University of Houston, where he was the first black quarterback to win the Heisman Trophy in 1989, along with the Davey O'Brien Award, the latter award given to the most outstanding college quarterback of the year. That year, his junior year, he threw for 4,699 yards, 46 touchdowns, and set 26 NCAA records. Many of the records were thanks to the innovative use of the Run & Shoot offense, which his successor at quarterback, David Klingler also used to great effect. The Cougars ended the season ranked the #14 team in nation by the AP. He then declared for the NFL Draft, foregoing his senior year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami