BC Advances To Regional Finals...6-0 Final

Once Kevin Angelle, Casey Jackson and Blue got on the same page, like the black on the plate is a strike, you could say, once the Cards scored, it might be over. Angelle was too much tonight for the Columbus Cardinals.

Angelle was a bloop infield hit from a no no. One fly ball that Jonny D ran down, and nothing much else but 16 k's.

Taylor Janak of Columbus single handily kept this game close, 2-0 BC late in the game.

I believe it was Willey, the courtesy runner who set the tone on offense as he went 1st to 3rd on a base hit to left. Just flat out hustle.

Rory Scales really had some great at bats, Day, Bolton, Angelle, Jackson all had key hits. Hope I didn’t leave anyone out. From what I saw tonight, this area has some good teams sitting home. Huffman, Silsbee and Barbers Hill take no back seat to Columbus. This shows you how good the Bridge City Cardinals are.

After the 1st inning, Angelle was dominant. 1 infield hit (in the first) and 16 Ks. At point, he had 13 outs in a row by K. In fairness, Janak was fairly impressive as well. Good body, athletic and a little bit cocky. Really, BC did not hit the ball hard off of him. It couldv'e easily been 0-0 going to the 7th.

Props to Brett Day for his 2 hits, including an infield hit beat out with a head first slide into the bag. Ditto to Troy Bolton and Kevin Angelle for adding 2 hits of their own. Rory Scales, Casey Jackson and AJ Hecker also had hits for the Cards.

Big win. Again, pure dominance from Angelle. Columbus had 1 chance to get to him (in the first) and didn't. Lights out. End of story. Game (and series over).

Sounds like a great game.............Lets take it to em next week and get to austin.

BC YOUR A GOOD ALL AROUND TEAM. GOOD LUCK ON THE ROAD TO STATE.

It seems that the officals should be a better caliber in these playoffs.

Both picthers threw good pitchs that the so called ump called balls.

All in all good team.

i thought we looked pretty good, angelle looked like himself after the first inning, the defense was solid (dishon ran a mile to catch that ball in the first), we didnt have our usual power offense but we hit the ball enough and small balled them to force mistakes which the #1 team should do. columbus was a decent team, janak looked ok keeping us off balance a little bit but it was only a matter of time before we got to him. but i think columbus was represented poorly by #3, the kid should have been tossed about three times arguing w/ the 1st base umpire twice and pushing scales in the chest. deer parks facilities were top of the line.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83