R19  Houston Worthing

W20  Houston Yates

-------------------------

R21  North Forest Smiley

W22  Dayton

-------

R23  Friendswood/Texas City

W24  El Campo             

This is incorrect.  If Dayton wins as well as Lumberton then they go by points for PNG, Dayton, and Lumberton as far as the seeding is concerned for the playoffs.  If Dayton beats PNG by more than I think 5 then Dayton is considered the top seed and would play Smiley.  If they lose or win by less than 5 then they play Crosby.

Dayton goes as the winner only if Nederland gets in; If Dayton beats PNG and Lumberton beats Nederland, then Dayton would be the runner up as a result of their loss to Lumberton.

This is incorrect.  If Dayton wins as well as Lumberton then they go by points for PNG, Dayton, and Lumberton as far as the seeding is concerned for the playoffs.  If Dayton beats PNG by more than I think 5 then Dayton is considered the top seed and would play Smiley.  If they lose or win by less than 5 then they play Crosby.

SOMEONE PLEASE!!!

I have heard both ways of determining the #1 and #2 seed in division II.

Which is it...

Do they go on point spread, or would it be head to head.

I think if Dayton and Lumberton win, then it is a three way tie.

The UIL does not go on point spread in a tie for district, it is a shared title, so all three would be "tri champs".

PN-G automatically goes Division I regardless.

That puts Lumberton and Dayton tied, but Lumberton beat Dayton.  I think the point spread is insignificant since you can go head to head, Lumberton would get the #1 seed and Dayton would get the #2 seed.

It is also my opinion you would want to be in the bracket that doesn't have Texas City in the 2nd round, although the winner of the El Campo La Marque game won't be a cake walk either in the 2nd round.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I got all this from looking through all districts, their records, and possibilities for the last game of the regular season. All the teams in this playoff bracket as of right now, is how it looks. Some parts could change after week 10.

If all of our 22-4A teams win round 1, the round 2 games are going to be rough on all three teams

You're right.  First round shouldn't be a problem... 2nd will be different.  The top Div. II spot will have it a bit easier and if they could get by (probably) Texas City.... they should be able to play for the region.

I would go with SETEXFan and his explaination. Sounds right to me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83