Lamar Men win by 17 pts

Guest abovetherim

Guest abovetherim

My take on the game.

1. KD is the real deal folks.

2. Matt Barrow looks like a new improved Matt Barrow.

3. Nwevo is a strong man and will be a valuable assist this season. He is much improved over last season.

4. Curry Todd looks more athletic besides just a jumpshooter.

5. Lamar Sander, what can I say?

6. Ashton Hall will be improving as the season goes along.

7. Justin Nabors reminds me of a larger Teddy Davis. Great, freak athlete and defender but up to this point. 2 scrimmages and 1 exhibition I haven't seen him shoot the ball well.

8. Tristian Worrell is a strong insider player who can hit his FT's.

9. D-Hop played well but the team is so deep he didn't stand out like last season.

10. Jay Brown, for some reason he did not play much but the man has all the tools to be a great F in the SLC.

11. McThay will be a good back-up to Dawkins but there is a definite drop-off after KD.

12. Mahoney did not play.

13. Custer did not play.

David Jones was good, but Alvin Brooks was much better.

Brooks only played two seasons for Lamar 1979 until 1981, but he is 2nd in career assists and 5th in career steals.  Brooks is the season leader in assists with 249, over 50 more than second place, and he is the season leader in steals with 81.

With Brooks running the show, Lamar's record was 47 - 16 and 3 - 2 in the NCAA tournament.

David Jones' record at Lamar was 53 - 63 and no trips to the NCAA tourney.

I hope Kenny Dawkins' career at Lamar is more like Alvin Brooks instead of David Jones.

Guest abovetherim

Brooks had support....Any remember that game Lamar played LSU and Shaq.

You got me there UNLV. I know they played LSU when Shaq was there but I have no memory of the game, the score, seeing it on TV or by radio.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124