*Warren 30 Anahuac 28 Final/Comments*

First of all, let me just say I agree with HDbobcats9 on everything he has said about Barbay.  Also I can say I played football with HDbobcats9 and Cedric Broussard.  I blocked for Cedric for two seasons.  And I lined up next to HDbobcats9 for 4 years.  Both players were the best at their position that I have ever seen.  Cedric as a power runner and HDbobcats9 as an All-State defensive end. And that was true that Cedric asked him to wear his jersey, I was there, I know.  As for HDbobcats9 not knowing his facts about football or the Bobcats, that is a BUNCH of crap!!!  I have been friends with him for almost 25 years, ever since kindergarden.  And I can asure you he is a true football guru. When he says something, 99% of the time you can put your money on it.  I feel like Barbay basicly has rode the coat tail of his father ever since he has started coaching, he is very over rated.  I don't feel like he would've even gotten the HD job if it weren't for his last name.  We all know his dad is a hall of fame coach.  GO BOBCATS!!

Thanks Big C, I appreciate the support. I know HD Bobcat 55 takes a lot of flack from folks on this board, but I guarentee you, he know his football, no doubt. He may talk more smack than anyone on here (kvilleballa excluded), but he's knows his football. It was a privilege to play next to him for many seasons. He was a great offensive lineman in his own right, while we're giving each other props, and I was always glad he was on my team and not the opponent. We grew up at HD from K-12 and we learned what tradition and school spirit is all about. That's something I believe Coach Slack is bringing back to the Bobcats.  

When Anahauc is something like 12-28 after 4 seasons under Barbay, don't say we didnt' tell you so.

Thanks Big C, I appreciate the support. I know HD Bobcat 55 takes a lot of flack from folks on this board, but I guarentee you, he know his football, no doubt. He may talk more smack than anyone on here (kvilleballa excluded), but he's knows his football. It was a privilege to play next to him for many seasons. He was a great offensive lineman in his own right, while we're giving each other props, and I was always glad he was on my team and not the opponent. We grew up at HD from K-12 and we learned what tradition and school spirit is all about. That's something I believe Coach Slack is bringing back to the Bobcats.  

When Anahauc is something like 12-28 after 4 seasons under Barbay, don't say we didnt' tell you so.

Please answer my questions.  That is all I ask.

As far as me using my old jersey number on this site, what does it matter? Are you the best player to ever wear you're jersey? Cedric personally asked me to wear his jersey after his senior year and I was honored to do so. Besides I dont' think me being a 5 time 1st team all-district selection, 3 time 1st team all region pick, district defensive MVP, honorable mention All-State TE as a junior and 2nd Team All-State DE as a senior was anything to blink at. I'm usually not one to bring up individual accomplishments, but there ya go. But you are right, C.B, i'm not, but I think I did ok, or at least dencent enough to use MY jersey number on a silly smack talking website.

hd bobcat9,

Please answer my questions.  I would like to know.  All you have  stated is opinion and innuendo.  Please enlighten all of non football gurus.

Let me see Shermdog, i'd really like to get off this, but I will give you some examples. Lets take for instance the Groveton playoff game last year, Coach Barbay's last game at HD. First off, HD took an early lead in this game, as the Bobcats began pounding their two big backs (A.Cook 230lbs and T.Patterson 215lbs.). All looked great until about the second quarter when we drove down the field gaining a 1st and goal inside the 10 yard line. Coach Barbay took both those backs off the field, and put in backups, 150lb RB backups. Two straight runs gaining nothing, and an incomplete pass and we're at 4th down. HD goes for it, with those backs still on the sidelines, incomplete pass, turnover on downs. No big deal, it was one drive. Early in the game, we've got a lead. Unfortunately Coach Barbay decided to do this on three straight possesions inside the oppenents 10 yard line. You can say, maybe those backs needed a break, but one of them was on the sidelines begging to get in the game, with no avail. Fastforward to the closing minutes of the first half, with Groveton driving down the field through the air on us. He decides to put 10 men in the box (with Groveton running 3WR's) and they burn us on a long pass. The next play the QB slips down and the clock is running. Whew, we caught a break, they can't lineup to get a play off. Ooops, that's not the case. Coach Barbay decides to call a defensive timeout with :02 seconds left until halftime with the Indians on our 35 yard line. This happened to let them get off a perfectly diagramed screen pass that they took to the house and scored with no time remaining. OK, so a little bad clock management, and not keeping your big guys in when that's working. Well the second half was alot worse. He abandoned what was working in the first half. It wasn't like Groveton adjusted to it, and we were trying to make an adjustment to them, he just did away with it. Rediculous play calling throughout the second half. We punted on a 4th and 1 on their 48 yard line, yet we went for a 4th and 9 on our own 31. Both these plays were in the 3rd quarter. Same thing with out big running backs, get in the redzone, take them out. Our stands were booing so loud I actually felt sorry for the man. It was a total collapse. Needless to say, we gave up a big a big lead, and Groveton won 45-36. This is just one game. Every big game he was not able to have his team perform. Maybe it was lack of talent, but I dont' think so. Maybe they weren't motivated, or the kids didn't have heart, but I doubt that's likely either. Horrible play calling, having kids playing out of position, or not even on the field. I don't think he understood the concept of small school ball. You have you're best 11 on the field at all times. If you've got 11 kids going both ways, so be it.

I know this really doesn't do my any justice to my argument,  you'd just have to be here, in the community and at the games. Against teams like Sabine Pass and High Island we looked great, but against big games, and rivals the preparation was pitiful. We'd never get over the hump and beat EC, or even come close. Heck, when we went down to 1A, Burkeville was our primary competiton and he couldn't beat them, then when they moved out it was West Hardin, and we've seen how that rivalry went in the last few years. Here's a little historical information. HD had never lost to Hardin at home in the history of the rivalry. Barbay was able to do that not only once, but twice. Also, HD has never lost to West Hardin and Hardin in the same season before he came along. He was able to do it in back to back seasons!!! Hardin and WH were improved those years, but there's no excuse for the way those teams performed. Four straight 1st round playoff losses and the last three in 1A. HD was a perenial playoff team in 2A, and he barely squeaked us into the playoffs in 1A, only to be shelacked by teams like Iola, Normangee, and Timpson. Not exaclty the calibur of teams HD used to lose in the playoffs to (Alto, Groveton, Grapeland). If I'm not mistaken he leaves with a 33-29 win/loss record. At some schools I guess that's ok, but not at Hull-Daisetta. I'll quit ranting, and I'm sure I still didnt' give any valid credentials to my argument, but I promise you, he will not be missed as far as I'm concerned.

Easy Shermdog, you saw Bundy's (sorry Bobcat9's) stats he must have been a D1 player in college.  He is the guru of football.  But the Swami predicts he is a Bleacher Creature or a Fence Monkey on Friday's.  Anyone can coach from the stands.  To quote many of high school, college, and pro coaches.  "Go get an education degree and pick up a whistle and see if you can do as good, before you badmouth coaches".  Just for the record Pee Wee football doesn't count.     

Good night, do we have some Barbay butt-kissers on here......lol. We did have a young team last year, but that doesn't make amends for the crappy job he did through the other years. Underclassmen have always been a big part of our program, just like every other small school in the state. It doesn't matter if your 16 or 18, when the playoffs come, your seasoned, and you should be ready, and that falls on the coaching staff. You can't agrue statistics and his losing record against Hardin and West Hardin, HD's biggest rivals. I HOPE and PREY that Anahauc is on HD's schedule next year too. I would love to see these kids get some redemption against Barbay. I don't know if you guys are on the school board, or on his coaching staff, or just infatuated with the man, but give it up. He's not a good coach. Everyone has excuses, and you guys are full of em. You guys must be his crew or something, because everyone that I know from Hull-Daisetta was tired of him three years ago and we couldn't believe he got an extension when he did. A good friend of mine coached on his staff, and he believes Barbay is a great coach, that's one of the only things he and I disagree on. Forget what he did at HD, heck look at this season he had at Anahauc. He's really great, taking a decently talented Anahauc team to a 2-8 record. Whoopti, freakin do. Do what Coach Haynes has done at Hardin, turning a 2-8 team into a 9-1/8-2 playoff team and we'll talk. He's a pile of garbage coach and that's the bottom line. My brother played for him, and several of his friends, and kids I know a few years after him and none of them have a high opinion of Barbay. I think if anyone who would know and have a truly accurate opinion of a coach would be the players that have played for him. Not one person I've talked to that played for him, have said, "man, he's really a great coach". None of them. We could do a poll of HD and see what they think. Apparently you are still one of the Barbay bandwagoner's who was sad to see him go cause you lost all your little perks and whatnot when the new coach came in. And to say a monkey could have lead HD to a district title, that's saying alot of your opinion of Joe Allen Slack, on of the greatest Bobcats to ever play, and now coach. On another note, you are correct about me never being in a coaching meeting reviewing film because I would never be on a staff with him, by my choice. I could coach right now, but I prefer not to. Coaches are underpaid for what they do, including the criticism they take from people like me.

And me personally, why are you going to attack me? I havent' said anything about myself but the facts bro. I said I didnt' want to bring that crap up, but it's easy to find online somewhere, or go to the school and look at the documents. Just because I made All-State, and stated that fact doesnt' mean I was an NFL hall of famer. What did you guys do? Did you even play? I wasn't a D1 player, nor did I have the talent to play on Sundays (like the WH guy with the bad ankle), but I guarentee I'd bust your grille on the field. I have a college degree and make three times the salary of a high school assistant coach and that's what I prefer to do. That doesn't mean I don't know my X's and O's just like the ones on the sidelines with the headphones on. That also doesn't mean that I can't have a lacking opinion of Darrell Barbay and his crappy coaching record at Hull-Daisetta. Drop it, be done, he'll lose at Anahauc too, but I'm sure he'll get another job after leaving there because of his last name.

I will agree with you on one point.  Perception is reality.  Your opinion will not change and neither will mine. You have not been in the planning sessions and worked through the issues that occur within the schools.  Looking in, you do not understand what goes on and we cannot explain.  All you can make is a poor decision about people and the job they do.  I challenge you to get into coaching and be an educator.   

And me personally, why are you going to attack me? I havent' said anything about myself but the facts bro. I said I didnt' want to bring that crap up, but it's easy to find online somewhere, or go to the school and look at the documents. Just because I made All-State, and stated that fact doesnt' mean I was an NFL hall of famer. What did you guys do? Did you even play? I wasn't a D1 player, nor did I have the talent to play on Sundays (like the WH guy with the bad ankle), but I guarentee I'd bust your grille on the field. I have a college degree and make three times the salary of a high school assistant coach and that's what I prefer to do. That doesn't mean I don't know my X's and O's just like the ones on the sidelines with the headphones on. That also doesn't mean that I can't have a lacking opinion of Darrell Barbay and his crappy coaching record at Hull-Daisetta. Drop it, be done, he'll lose at Anahauc too, but I'm sure he'll get another job after leaving there because of his last name.

You are the one who came on this thread and started talking trash!

I will agree with you on one point.  Perception is reality.  Your opinion will not change and neither will mine. You have not been in the planning sessions and worked through the issues that occur within the schools.  Looking in, you do not understand what goes on and we cannot explain.  All you can make is a poor decision about people and the job they do.  I challenge you to get into coaching and be an educator.   

ok sorry for the NFL comment. childish on my part.

Barbay was not the greatest coach in the world -  But coahes are never going to please everyone or do things the way that we would have them done - you have to step into his shoes and do the job.

As far as Slack being a great bobcat - true. But that doesn't make you a great coach. Yes HD won district, but look at the district , other than WH they are all horrible. Pre-district record is not great.

Scholls go thru highs and lows with talent - lets see where HD is in 2009?

2008 - District champs Again!!!!!!!!!!!

2009 and beyond ----- well, better enjoy those 2007 and 2008 district champ t-shirts.

I agree firedup kind of childish behavior.  I like Barbay and thought we did pretty good with the talent.  Usually one or two good players and a few decent ones.  But Bobcat9's opinion is that and I respect that.  It is when you put down someone and say he gets everywhere with his last name.  Yet you say nothing about Slack riding the coattails.  I like Slack just do not think he is AD material yet.  But he is from Daisetta and I also agree with firedup and as I have said before real coaching at Daisetta is in 2009.  We will have to wait until then.  Good points by everyone.  Good luck to Anahuac in the future. 

Guest christglorified

i am so glad this thread is over.  it was like a train wreck....horrible...but something i couldn't quit reading.  i have no opinion to share...i played for barbay, and still count him as a friend.  i'll leave the debate up to you guys.  but for future reference, i think we should refrain from bashing coaches the way it happened here.  their players read this, heck, they and their wives may read this.  they're paid too little to have to deal with public humiliation outside of the town that they coach in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami