10/27 FISHING REPORT

Well we went out sat morning in hopes of chasing some birds as my padna had been on hot friday boxing 27 trout.  We hit the flats at first light waiting for the featery friends to get active and found our redfish still holding on our flat, boxing one at 24" and releasing one at 20" and 2 trout at 15".  Birds popped up so away we eent to the ZOO. first group we nailed a perfect approach and had the trout schooling right to us, a perfect set to catch at least 6 or 7 before they busdted. fisrt cast  had a double hook up one in the box one measured 15" so i released him.  then we look up and some bozo is creeping right up the middle of the school from the downwind side, and bust them up......not to mention all they accomplished were backlashes............from then on it was wither barny's to contend with or the schools were just flat out running the trolling motor. after releasing the 10th 15" trout we gave up on the fiasco and went back to the redfish. 

We ended up the day with 6 redfish 21-24" 2 more keeper thrown in the boat fishing with us and 2 trout 16".  We released an additional 4 redfish each that were 19 1/2 to 20".  An awesome day for fishing purely with artificial.

The day before my padna caught 27 that were all 16-19, and i usually give my fish at least an extra 1/2 " because i have seen them shrink when placed in the ice chest all day.  A trout that is exactly 15" with tail penched may shrink 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch.  Then if the GW sees it how can i really prove it was legal to begin with?. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami