jug & trot line ideas

Wildfire

any other good jug or trot line ideas i got one... you get a peice of pvc pipe big enuff to fit snuggly in a swimmin pool noodle and put a weight in there and cap both ends on one end flag it with bright plastic flagin and the other put yer string so when the catfish takes the bait and dives the weight will slide to that end and the flagin will raise up and you will see it and then you will know you got a bite. another when you run a trot line between the lines run a nother with a screw top coke bottle full of liver and blood make some medium sized cuts so the blood can "bleed out" and atract the catfish

I just use the noodles without the pvc.  If you don't get precise amount of weight in there they don't flag right.  Also remeber all your jugs and noodles have to white and have to have all of your information written on them. Depends on the fish your targetting also. If you have a big 50+ pounder you gonna loose that noodle, most use at least 4 " to 5" foam.

I had some reflective vinyl left over from a sign so i wrapped all my noodles in it so it looks white and reflects in the spotlight.  I run the noodles on a 15ft line with 2 or 3 hooks and a railroad spike as a weight.  All my jugs are are on 50ft lines and my hooks are rigged on trotline clips so i can regulate the the drops and also if there is a big fish i can get the hooks off and don't worry about the fish ripping them through my hands.

I take swimming pool noodles and cut them to 13 inches and run the line  through them and tie it off tight at one end.  Make an appropriate length of line to the area you like to fish.  Mine are 15ft i'm fishing them in 12-14ft water on a ledge before it drops to 38ft.  i use a railroad spike for a weight. I have 2,  4/0 gamagatsu octupus circle hooks on a 6 inch leader rigged with barrel swivels that can slide up or down depending on what depth the fish are consistently biting.  when the fish are on it will dance around with no problem and you don't waste money with those pvc pipes and guessing what the right weight should be. 

when i pick them up i jusr roll the line around one end of the noodle hook the hooks in the top and shove the railroad spike in the bottom.  I can keep aboout 20 of them iin one milk crate.  I also took reflective vinyl and wrapped them so when the spot hits em you can locate a runner a half mile away. They look like mini buoys.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa