West Hardin This Season?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who else is going to beat them west hardin has the best player in the district in copeland they have size with to post one is about 6'2 the other about 6'4 now yes after that it is a drop off but they still have more than evadale, sabine pass, and high island trust me if they dont make the playoffs they will come in fourth

WH will indeed come in fourth this season, HD spurger and BS will be too much due to the fact that WH has NO DEPTH whatsoever! If I were coaching in this district I would go directly at Copeland, get him into foul trouble and make him sit the bench. Or get the double team going and leave any of the other two guards open, doesn't really matter, and get it out of his hands. What's worse for WH is that Copeland is going to have to carry the ball more than likely down the floor, unless the coach is desperate to keep Copeland on the wing....his scoring oppurtunities will be very limited. As far as the other posts go, unless they have improved drastically over the summer, I don't see much going on there other than space in the paint.

You gotta feel for Tyler.He along with the big kid from Big Sandy are definitely the best 2 players in this district.He had the luxury last year of being able to come off the screens and shoot the 3,unfortunately this year he will have to get the ball down the floor,set the offense and then try to score.Thats a pretty tall order when the defense knows you are the only scoring threat.You are right about finishing 4th though Copeland is good enough to beat HI,SP and Evadale with the JV boys helping him.I hope the Oilers do well though they seem like pretty good kids,if they can get fan support like they had last year that will be a tremendous help.Good luck to all the teams in this district.

Very true. It will be interesting if they play the same schedule as last year. You want to have a pretty decent record heading into district just to keep the morale and self-esteem on the team high, but then again you dont want to play any cupcakes because the district their in will be in a battle for that 2nd and 3rd place slot.

Guest orangeman

Everyone knows things will be tougher for WH this year, but THEY WILL compete for a playoff spot. Copeland is hands down the best player in the district (no disrespect meant towards McKinney), and the two posts (Hashaw & Laird) are big for the 1A level and they play very tough defense. Ethan Tubbs and probably Ben Miller are going to have to provide some help at the other guard positions. Matthew Hashaw is probably the key factor with this team this year. Copeland is going to put up numbers, but someone else is going to have to step up as a second offensive threat and Hashaw has the size, skill, and experience to fill that role. Also, many people may not realize that although Coach Westfall is the head football coach at WH, he has racked up 288 career coaching victories as a basketball coach. I think about my boys at WH all the time and I wish them the best!

Got to watch both kids a lot this summer and while Copeland is a very good player the big kid from Big Sandy is ever bit as good.Tyler is a great kid but he has his work cut out for him this year,they didn't give him any help this summer.I didn't see much scoring potential other than Tyler.My biggest concern for them would be getting the ball down the floor against pressure other than Copeland they were pretty thin.

Copeland really doesn't have any glaring weakness,it's all about numbers with him.He has a great shooters touch and handles the ball well on the drive.He can finish off the dribble.His problem this year will be having to do it against 2 defenders which is just about impossible.McKinney gives BS what every coach loves,a true big body who can play on the block or pop out to help when needed.He is a great rebounder and will get in the young guys ear when the game is at a crucial point.Seems to be very court smart and his supporting cast is pretty good also.I really hope WH pulls down a playoff spot but I just don't see it this year.

haha thats real funny

you dont even know whats about to happen to west hardin

copeland cant do it by HIMSELF

thats all they have, theres nobody else on that sorry team

Well then ghostt.....tell us what Sabine Pass has to offer???? Who do they, or ya'll I should say, have that is going to beat WH and all these other teams (BS, HD, Spurger) on the team this year? If the JV that I saw last year is moving up to Varsity then we have nothing to worry about. Just stop with the trash talk and tell us who Sabine Pass has this season.

I haven't seen HD since last year but I got watch Spurger and WH both alot this summer and Spurger is the better of those 2 clubs.Of course anything can happen when it's game time so they always have a shot.Copeland is a very good player but his role is going to change drastically this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83