Differences between football in the North and in the South

Someone sent me this in an email and I thought I would share it with you guys. So True!!

Differences between football in the North and in the South

Women's Accessories:

North - ChapStick in back pocket and a $20 bill in the front pocket

South - Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, waterproof mascara, and

a flask of bourbon. Money is not necessary, that's what dates are for.

Stadium Size:

North - College football stadiums hold 20,000 people South - High school

football stadiums hold 20,000 people

Getting Tickets:

North - 5 days before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus

and can still purchase tickets South - 5 months before the game you walk

into the ticket office on campus and can still put you name on the

waiting list for tickets (which have been sold out for months)

Friday Classes after a Thursday Night Game:

North - Students and teachers not sure they're going to the game because

they have classes on Friday South - Teachers cancel Friday classes

because there is a game the night before

Parking:

North - An hour before game time, the university opens the campus for

game parking South - RVs sporting their school flags begin arriving on

Wednesday for the weekend festivities. The really faithful arrive on

Tuesday.

Game Day:

North - A few students party in the dorm and watch ESPN on TV.

South - Every student wakes up, has a beer for breakfast, and rushes

over to where ESPN is broadcasting "Game Day Live" to get on camera and

wave to the people up North who wonder why "Game day Live" is never

broadcast from their campus.

Tailgating:

North - Raw meat on a grill, beer with lime in it, listening to local

radio station with truck tailgate down South - 30-foot custom pig-shaped

smoker fires up at dawn. Cooking is accompanied by live performance by

"Dave Matthews Band"

Getting to the Stadium:

North - You ask "Where's the stadium?" When you find it, you walk right

in.

South - When you're near it, you'll hear it. On game day it becomes the

states third largest city.

Concessions:

North - Drinks served in a paper cup, filled to the brim with soda.

South - Drinks served in a plastic cup, with the home team's mascot on

it, filled 3/4 full with coke, to ensure enough room for the right mix

of whiskey

Commentary (Male):

North - "Nice play."

South - "#!@*$ you slow #*!@# - tackle him and break his legs."

Commentary (Female):

North - "My, this certainly is a violent sport."

South - "#!@*$ you slow #*!@# - tackle him and break his legs."

After the Game:

North - The stadium is empty way before the game ends.

South - Another rack of ribs goes on the smoker, and planning begins for

next week's game.

Let's do this again but high school football--much better

1. putting the the road goes on forever and the party never ends trailer on the road,and the music and the thousands of people that get there and bring food to share at 1:00 but best of all the looks on the other teams and thier fans faces '''fy

True story here. I visited my sister in Detroit a few years back. One of her best friends is a assistant coach for the schools football team. With the exception of a few coach's on the JV & Varsity staffs, the best coach's are non paid volunters. The paid coach's where nothing more than buss drivers. The team/coaching staff. The QB called his own game. The staff never used info from coach's in the press box. I know because I was in the press box with their coach's. Just drank Gatorade & watch the game. Halftime comes, one of the volunter coach's tries to cover what was going on at the chalk board. The HC told him let it go! Not one coach did a thing @ halftime. The kids just sat around untill the HC comes out of his office. LOL He comes out & reads a poem to the team & then sends them out to play the second half. As we (my sisters friend & I) were walking back to the football field. He say's, I know what your going to do? Your going to go back to TEXAS & tell your friends we read poetry at halftime of our football games! LOL True story!

Very sad really! The kid's didn't have a chance. The JV team had practice one day & not one of the paid coach's were there. My sister's friend who was a volunteer ask me to help that day. Weird to me because all I have ever done is coach youth league teams. I helped him out the best I could. The kid's had never be shown how to get off the LOS, a int. drill etc.... The kid's got off to it. Made my trip to help. Well, maybe they got a taste of football down south. Think what they could do with a real coach from TEXAS! Sorry, lets get back to the funny stuff.

How big was this school?????????? I know in a some areas they let people coach who are not teachers at the school and I found that to be odd. They have regular joes in the community to do it, and then you might have some assistants. As for the stuff your describing, that is not common at a normal high school. I have seen football from that area, and it is well coached, just think U of M, they do have talent. Maybe this happens at a small school or a private school. I will agree that is a totally different game there though. The importance of the game is not the same. Its lived and breathed here, there its just another sport. Football here is what basketball is in Indiana. Funny story though.

It is weird that sports in high school here have such meaning compared to there or other areas of the US. I went to a high school game in Lincoln Nebraska once back in the Tom Osborne era. I thought " alright I am gonna see some good football here, this is Cornhusker country." Well I was disappointed........The football was ok, but the WHOLE football experience was not the same. No hype, no halftime shows, no big time fanfare........just kind of like going to a jr high game or something. TOTALLY different. Anyway we have somthing special here in the way football is played and viewed, it just doesnt happen everywhere like here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124