What's the BEST place for Bull Reds right now?

I'd go fish the gut between the first and secon sandbar.........If want in on some sight  casting to big schools get up in the shallow flat's in west bay or any bay that has clear water. They've really hit the shallows in the last 2 weeks.  Or right where it drops out.  I've been sight casting with either a super spook or Top Dog or a H&H spinner connected to a weedless weighted worm hook with a TTF super flats minnow (Pumkinseed/chartreuse) the spinner has worked the best.  Also a gulp shrimp (molting or gray color and new penny) under a mansfield mauler with no weight just a kahle hook.  On the topwaters i've been getting big blowups and no hookups, i started leaving it still for a couple of seconds after a blow up and then twitching 3 or 4 times and then they murder it. 

to be honest if your chasing bull reds go down to high island when it is windy and the surf is really churning. Go left at the cut off , yeah i know it's the nude beach but you really won't see anybody if you don't go too far down. I'd say go about 3/4 mile.  Use fresh cut bait, sand anchor , heavy leader and drop it right in the gut between first and second sand bar.  For some reason the bull reds like that churnin surf.  Set the clickers and wait. You might have to contend with some gaftops but shouldn't have too many sharks.  Fresh crab quarters work excelent also. 

sight casting to them in the shallows is still my favorite though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami