Vidor Youth football Politics

Ned11str8

here in Warren some people got together and organized it themselves.  whoever signed up and paid plays.  get some people together and see what you can come up with.  we are a little too far for you to travel most probably, but I hate for any kid with the desire to play sports to be turned away.  especially at such a young age.  PeeWee football should be enjoyed by all who want to participate.  its about learning the skills and the game, not just about winning.

Does anyone have any information on Orangefield youth football?

Where they practice?

Who to contact about registration?

I have a friend from work who lives in Vidor and he is very aggravated with Vidors youth football program. They are turning kids away . They told him if he wasn't contacted by a coach about his son then he's not in (select football). The VJFL stole the roster from the VFW league and their player agent selected who they wanted. Now that VFW is folded those kids have no where to play. This is ridiculous and unacceptable. His kid can't understand why he can't play football which it is the only sport he plays . He waits year round for football. Is there another league that would take a few  kids in out of the kindness of their hearts even in this point in the season or does football mean so much to us that we will not let children experience the joys of football? It could be any town in close proximity to Vidor( BMT,LC,BC,OF etc.). Maybe thats whats wrong with Vidor football !!  (note*) these kids where not selected by talent but on who knows who!!!!

Sir that is not correct information.VJFA had ads in the local paper ran for two months.We had sign ups in July every weekend at the Fireworks stand.also we had sign -ups at Superior tire in Vidor off main street.We have 4 flag teams, 3 junior teams, and 2 senior teams.We have about 150-200 kids that are playing in that league.No kid was turned away.I GUARANTEE that.we even ordered extra jerseys just in case kids signed up late in the year.

It is hard to believe that someone was told that a coach had to contact you to play in our league.We didnt know who the alot of the coaches were going to be because we had so many kids and so many teams.The only reason that kid you are referring to is not playing because maybe his dad never attempted to sign him up or maybe waited too late.

If you would like you can PM me and I will give you some people's conatct information and see what we can do for them.But please find out the facts before you post something like that.

It is hard to believe 200 kids signed up and only a couple kids are left out.

the only reason why those kids might not have a place to play is when VFW went under they might not have had enough kids to play.our first day of practice was July 30th.I noticed in the local paper that VFW was still having sign ups in September.those kids might have thought there was enough teams to play at the VFW and was unfortunately mislead.

if there is anything I can do PM me and I will try my best to see what i can do ,or lead you in the right way to the proper people.

Guest vpfootball

The only people who you should blame is the VFW not VJFA. I am a coach at VJFA and I know for a fact that not one kid was turned down. It's not our (VJFA) fault that your friend choose to play at the VFW and when they folded had no were to go. I'm sure if he went to VJFA and asked to play they would put his son on a team.  I find it hard to believe that someone told you friend "if they were not contacted by a coach they are not in". I really don't believe that is true. To let you know a little something about are league we VJFA don't have a Player Agent the VFW is the league who had the Player Agent. So before you start to post something find out the facts. If we were a select football program why would we put ads in the paper and on signs around town wouldn’t we just have the coaches call the kids they wanted. By the way in flag we had so many kids we had to add a another coach the night before the draft so do you think he called the kids he wanted NO they WERE selected by there talent..

But before you start saying "Maybe that’s what’s wrong with Vidor Football” you need to look at where you get your information from and you’ll see that it’s people like that, that makes Vidor Football what it is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed