BH 45 Bellville 21 Final/Comments

Big GANDER

BHFAN, where were you the past 2 years when Bryan Price was the OC?  He called, and ran very succesfully, many screens.  I hope you are joking.  You can not honestly say that you have been waiting for screens for 7 years.  Two years ago most of the screens went to Cedric Moore, Patton, and Mason Fisher.  Last year they mostly went to Mason Fisher and Patton.  I will say with the utmost confidence that BH threw atleast 15 TD's for screens in the 2005 and 2007 combined.

OK, there ya go.....now I got to chime in on that one.  Yes BH ran the screen and the QB draw so many times I thought they must have lost the rest of the play book.  The problem with the screen passes they ran was it was a wide-out screen 99% of the time and it took too long to develop.  After week 2 the defensive backs/corners played up on the line and would jump that play and caused problems.  One other problem is we ran it a lot in single coverage with no blocking down field for the receiver.  Mason was big enough to shake a tackle, but often help arrived by the time he did.  Last year they did line up 3 backs to one side and ran 3 short routs that did allow for blocking, which did work ok.   

BHFAN is likely referring to the running back screen over the middle which is just what the doctor ordered when you get a blitz or over agressive defense.  Add a slant rout inside the 10 and we could be in business.

Way to go Eagles!  I admit I was VERY suprised by this outcome.  Bellville is a tough team and better than anyone we have seen this year.   

OK, there ya go.....now I got to chime in on that one.  Yes BH ran the screen and the QB draw so many times I thought they must have lost the rest of the play book.  The problem with the screen passes they ran was it was a wide-out screen 99% of the time and it took too long to develop.  After week 2 the defensive backs/corners played up on the line and would jump that play and caused problems.  One other problem is we ran it a lot in single coverage with no blocking down field for the receiver.  Mason was big enough to shake a tackle, but often help arrived by the time he did.  Last year they did line up 3 backs to one side and ran 3 short routs that did allow for blocking, which did work ok.   

BHFAN is likely referring to the running back screen over the middle which is just what the doctor ordered when you get a blitz or over agressive defense.  Add a slant rout inside the 10 and we could be in business.

Way to go Eagles!  I admit I was VERY suprised by this outcome.  Bellville is a tough team and better than anyone we have seen this year.   

Exacto mundo!!!! Sorry i didn't define the screen! not the bubble  but the half back over the middle! I remeber that is why Kirbyville had so much success against what I thought was a bigger and more talented BH team! K-ville would Blitz us every other down and if we could have thrown a couple of screens over the middle that would have stopped! Either way who cares it's working now and I for one like to see it!

how can u grip about any of yalls coaches after what they have done over the years?

The coaches have done a great job preparing and mentoring these kids and those in the past and those i'm sure in the future, but I would like to see round 3 of the playoffs at least every other decade! 99 was our last run that landed us in round 3 where we lost against a talented Robinson team. It's been 30 + Since we have seen State. If your a true BH or just football fan I would think you have to want more it's human!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami