mexican jumping flounder

Went down to rollover yeaterday evening, as the refuge was shutdown due to controlled burns.  Went out to the oyster reef on the bay side looking for tailing reds and instead found flounder busting bait in shin deep water. They were plum jumping out and doing flips. I made a quick limit and kept the 5 biggest all around 17-18 inches.  the rest were all 15 -18".  I was using a blurp shrimp, rust colored with a gamagatsu worm hook, free rigged and weedless.  just bouncing accross and through the shell.  Buddy when it dropped on top of the flounder they were acrobatic.  It was a good time until the lightnin' showed up.

I was the same way until 2 years ago the static electricity was so thick that my line was arching up and floating a lead head on the surface of the water. I had heard of that happening from a friend of mine but didn't think anything of it. Let me tell you when your hair stands up and lightning starts hitting close, it aint fun.  I was having flasbacks of morter fire dropping too close.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124