Jasper/Nederland Scrimmage

Wonder how the spread is going for Nederland. I would guess that Coach Brooks has defended that offense a few times  in East Texas.

Duh lol.  If Brooks runs a variation of the Spread, one would think he'd know how to defend it.....

I was at the game and what I saw was two team just about evenly matched.  Jasper had problems defending the pass early on in the scrimmage.  Neaderlands Qb and receiver # 9 cant recall his name made some great connections with passes.  Jasper had a real problem with their punt return team 4 punts 3 fumbles. can't be doing that when it counts.  Neaderlands defence did well in shutting the inside run down, But as Jasper was somewhat weak in the pass defence.  It showed when in the 3rd quarter Jasper was airing it out for some good yardage. Neaderland had a great punter, putting the ball high, high in the air.  Saw one field goal by Neaderland from about 30-36 yards not quit sure.  Jasper attempted the old hit the lineman on the head and hope it goes thru the posts play ???  I think both teams learned quite a bit from this scrimmage.  Lots of yellow flags on the field.  My Opinion is both these teams will be looking for a playoff birth this year.  JMO

Here's my take on the game. Nederland's run defense looked very good, but our 2ndary needs a lot of work in my opinion. As much criticism as DJ took last week, he completely made up for it tonight. He was a force and by far the best player on the field. Nederland's offense was without Bass tonight and never established much of a running game. Sampere looked good at times especially in the 2nd quarter hooking up with #9 Broussard on several occasions. But, all in all the spread offense tonight produced way too many 3 and outs in my opinion. Part of that is due to not having the starting back, but we need sustained drives to keep the D off the field. We need to improve run blocking for sure. Pass blocking looked okay to me. Also, still having trouble with the shotgun snaps from time to time. You'd think we'd have that down by now. 10-0 at the half. Looked like we were disinterested in the 3rd Q and that is when Jasper looked their best. Their QB made some nice throws and a long TD pass to #18. Jasper RB's ran harder as the game went on. I was very impressed with two of their DB's #15 and #4. #15 locked up all night on Cardenas and did a great job on him. Ned did have 2 INT's though, one by Pina and one by Gutierrez late in the game.

Nederlands offensive MVP's tonight-- #15 Sampere, #9 Broussard

Nederland's defensive MVP's tonight-- #25 Adrian Pina, #38 Chris Gutierrez, #44 Dravantti Johnson

Jasper's MVP's were: the QB and the two DB'S #4 and #15

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086