coldspring Basketball 08

First – I never stated that Jeremy Brown was not a good player – I just stated the he was not unstoppable.  For Liberty to be successful they will have to include all 5 players in the game – a thing they did not do all of last year.  They have a few players that will help the team – Jeremy is one of them.  But if they continue to play as individuals and not as a team the result will be the same.

And no offence meant but didn’t Jeremy play only 1 or 2 games with Liberty last year?  I might have forgot a few but I know he didn’t play very many – and they could have used him.

BTW is it Steven that moved to HJ and why?

I THINK STEVE GUILLORY THAT MOVED TO HARDIN-JEFFERSON. JEREMY BROWN DIDNT GET TO PLAY CAUSE THE UIL SAID THAT HE WASNT ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR CAUSE THEY SAID HE MOVED TO LIBERTY JUST TO  PLAY BASKETBALL THAT WAS STUPID OF THEM NOT TO LET HIM PLAY I CAN SEE IF LIBERTY WAS A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM BUT I THINK THAT HAS PASSED FOR THIS YEAR SINCE HE'S BEEN BACK A WHOLE YEAR SO HE'LL GIVE THEM SOME HELP AS WELL WITH SOME OF THE MOVE-INS AND MOVE-UPS THEY SHOULD SUPRISE PEOPLE

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of year again.  Time for the Liberty faithful to start telling us all about how they are going to dominate this season.  How many district games did the Panthers win last year....?  I think they managed to beat Shepherd twice, but was that it?

Maybe it's the same folks who pumped up the LHS football team with so much district championship talk earlier in the year.  Now with the football team at 0-3 and out of the playoff race, I guess it's time to start talking about hoops...  Good luck, Panthers.

Ulrich – I don’t know what team you support and it really does not matter but – where have you seen any predictions that Liberty would “dominate the season†if you have I think you have been seeing things.  I have followed Liberty Football and Basketball for several years – 12+ - and have read the post on this website for 3 years now and have yet to see anyone from Liberty predicting a dominating basketball team.  I wish I thought they would be a good team – and trust me they have had several players over the past 5 years that could play for a lot of other teams in the area just never more that 2 –3 at a time.  And they have never had a good outside shooter to take pressure off the low post even when the guards would pass it down low.  They also have never had that "dominating player" that many other teams have to push them over the top.

What Liberty will always hope for is a decent team that will compete with every team that they face – last year they lost 4 district games by 5 points or less. In the pre-season they were 9 and 9 with 2 losses to the state champion Hardin Jefferson team – one of those losses was by 10 points – a very close game for Liberty.  They ended with an 11 and 17 record for the year – I know its “in theory†but give Liberty 6 more points a game and they would have been 17 and 11 and every Liberty BB fan would have been very happy – but that did not happen.  Liberty was on the verge of being a good team last year – not a “dominating†team but a good team.  But Liberty needs to understand that Basketball more than most other sports is a team sport and if you don’t play as a team you will lose to most other good teams.  I do not know what kind of team Liberty will field this year – but I will support them regardless of their record.

GO PANTHERS

OldTimer -- I'd like to publicly apologize to you.  Your posts are always well thought-out and fair, and I shouldn't be downing your guys based upon the posts of a few other people.  The posts on the previous page of this thread about the Brown kid being "unstoppable" just sounded too much like some of the talk I heard prior to last season on this board.  I'd like to see the Panthers do well -- Coach Jackson is a good man.  I guess I just prefer to see a team get it done on the hardwood before all the talk about how good they are comes along.

Again, I'm sorry for painting all Liberty fans with one large brushstroke.  Best of luck this season, and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Guest dailynews

Splendora has really stepped it up the past few years in Basketball so I think they have to be considered the district front runner. Coldspring and Cleveland always have athletes. As for the rest of the district I think its left up to T-Town. Look for Cleveland to be very young on the court this year but very competitive. Coldspring will be run and gun type of team and Splendora will be very well coached and defensively sound.

Ulrich – I don’t know what team you support and it really does not matter but – where have you seen any predictions that Liberty would “dominate the season†if you have I think you have been seeing things.  I have followed Liberty Football and Basketball for several years – 12+ - and have read the post on this website for 3 years now and have yet to see anyone from Liberty predicting a dominating basketball team.  I wish I thought they would be a good team – and trust me they have had several players over the past 5 years that could play for a lot of other teams in the area just never more that 2 –3 at a time.  And they have never had a good outside shooter to take pressure off the low post even when the guards would pass it down low.  They also have never had that "dominating player" that many other teams have to push them over the top.

What Liberty will always hope for is a decent team that will compete with every team that they face – last year they lost 4 district games by 5 points or less. In the pre-season they were 9 and 9 with 2 losses to the state champion Hardin Jefferson team – one of those losses was by 10 points – a very close game for Liberty.  They ended with an 11 and 17 record for the year – I know its “in theory†but give Liberty 6 more points a game and they would have been 17 and 11 and every Liberty BB fan would have been very happy – but that did not happen.  Liberty was on the verge of being a good team last year – not a “dominating†team but a good team.  But Liberty needs to understand that Basketball more than most other sports is a team sport and if you don’t play as a team you will lose to most other good teams.  I do not know what kind of team Liberty will field this year – but I will support them regardless of their record.

GO PANTHERS

Thank you Old Timer

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami