Babe Ruth updates for 15's and 13's

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E

N Arkansas 13  1 2 0 0 0 2 0 5 2 4

NBR 13 Black    3 0 1 0 0 5 0 9 12 4

WP:  Colin Walker

Kohl Lasell 3 for3; Micah Murdock 2 for 3 2b; Jordan Fenner 2 for 2; Stephen Schlett 2 for 3.

Play Tri-County, Texas @ 4:30 PM Monday

2nd Game @ 7:30 PM against loser of Mississippi and South Arkansas.

Nice 5 spot in 6th to pull it out.

Sweetenham threw a 2 hitter if I understand it right. I worked with his dad at the Pompano Club for many years. Chris has been throwing ever since I have ever known him. He will be a stud real soon, in fact he might already be.

The Port Arthur News

SPRINGDALE, Ark. — Chris Sweetenham pitched a seven-inning two-hitter Monday night and his teammates batted in three runs to lead the Nederland 15-year-old Babe Ruth All-Stars to a spot in tonight’s championship game of the Southwest Regional tournament.

Nederland hitters banged out 15 hits in all in a 12-0 win over Eagle Pass Monday.

Eagle Pass and Abbeville, La., will play for the right to oppose Nederland in Tuesday’s 7:30 p.m. championship game. Because it’s a double elimination tournament, unbeaten Nederland could lose and get another crack at the title Wednesday morning.

Champion of the Southwest Regional advances to the 15-year-old Babe Ruth World Series which begins Aug. 17 at Andalusia, Ala.

Spencer DeRon went 3 for 4 with a pair of doubles and two runs batted in for Nederland and teammate Ryan Brady was 3 for 5. Both Sweetenham and Sammy Sparrow were 2 for 3 at the plate and Marcus Louvier, 1 for 3, rapped out a double and knocked in three runs.

Nederland led 7-0 heading into the top of the seventh, when it scored five runs to finish with a flourish. In three games, Sweetenham and his teammates have outscored opponents 36-3.

Rainout means tough road for 13s

HUGO, Okla. -- Rains wiped out Monday’s schedule at the 13-year-old Babe Ruth Southwest Regional tournament and made even bigger underdogs of Nederland’s All-Stars.

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami