*****BREAKING NEWS..KENT FULLER RESIGNS FROM WEST HARDIN*****

Coach Kent Fuller of West Hardin has told setxsports.com that he has resigned from West Hardin. Coach Fuller Has accepted a position at 5A Belton High School as Athletic Coordinator at Lake Belton Middle School and Asst. Varsity Basketball Coach. Coach Fuller lived in Belton from 1995-2003 and recieved his degree from Mary Hardin-Baylor. Coach Fuller leaves West Hardin with a 50-14 record.

Good Luck Coach!

Kent,

I am happy for you that you are moving close to home, but I hate that you have to leave our school to do it. I have enjoyed watching your basketball teams play and appreciate you working with my son in your first year here. My wife and I will miss you and your family.

What WH will miss most of all is your dedication to the kids and the lessons you teach by the life you lead. I hope to see you when I return from Korea.

Good Luck in your new job. You will be hard to replace.

Guest DickVitale

West Hardin has offered the job, but they are waiting to see if the candidate will be released from his current contract...

Guest DickVitale

Well I can't say right now, he might not be able to get out of his contract, and it makes for an awkward situation for him if his name is let out and he is not leaving.  Sorry dude...But if I find out he is let out before it hits here, I will post it, though...

Guest totalsportsprogram

It won't be Coach Jackson.  He has a situation right now where football is not even played and they concentrate on basketball year around. 

My guess is Jason Henry of Lumberton.  He played at WH and has family ties to WH.

I don't know this for sure but just my educated guess.

I would be very surprised to see Henry leave Lumberton.He has been at every summer game Lumberton has played this year and while they won't be a power in 4-a they won't be terrible either.WH will struggle and may make it tough on a coaches resume.Not sure the 1-a school could compete with the 4-a salary, but then again stranger things have happened.

Guest totalsportsprogram

West Hardin pays very well.  A's have nothing to do with salary.  Most coaches attend summer league games even if they are in the running for another job.  It is the right thing to do until something becomes official.  Besides, is Lumberton still playing summer league this time of year?  West Hardin will do well in A this year.  They won't be the team they were last year but they have a chance to go 2 or 3 deep.

West Hardin pays very well.  A's have nothing to do with salary.  Most coaches attend summer league games even if they are in the running for another job.  It is the right thing to do until something becomes official.  Besides, is Lumberton still playing summer league this time of year?  West Hardin will do well in A this year.  They won't be the team they were last year but they have a chance to go 2 or 3 deep.

Lumberton has been playing all summer, as matter of fact they played this past weekend in Silsbee.No disrespect to WH but I don't think they have a playoff run in them this year much less 2 or 3 deep.Copeland is a very good young player but that district is gonna be real good this year.Big Sandy,Spurger and Hull are all returning lots of folks off already good teams.This late in the year I just don't see many name coaches moving.Jason Henry is a super young coach who works wonders with what he has.I knew the class didn't dictate pay scale,just figured the tax base in Lumberton would allow for higher salaries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont