Oregon State Assistant to Tech

Guest Techsan

Guest Techsan

Word is that Dan Spencer who was the Assistant Head Coach at Oregon State is headed to Lubbock to become Assistant Head Coach and heir apparent to the program. Spencer played for Tech for 3 years and was kicked off the team before his senior year due to an altercation at a Lubbock bar, however Spencer said it was the greatest that couldve happen to him because it made evaluate what was important in life. There will be a press conference Monday at 1:30 in Lubbock announcing his arrival. This looks to be a great step for the Red Raiders who are steeped in baseball tradition producing 19 winning seasons out of 21 and 9 NCAA Tournament appearances out of 11. The program has been on downward trend the last three years but hopefully Spencer can take program back to its former glory and even further. The Portland Tribune and Channel 11 in Lubbock have reported on this....I'll try to find the link for it. Maybe now we can start giving Augie and Frank Anderson (OK State) a run for their money  ;D

this is great news....

tech has a single donor lined up to rennovate the Law.....New Coach (Daren Leaving)...Larry is about to retire....

coming in last in the big 12 is horrific..

bring back the days of 5000 faithful in the seats, Snead leading the hecklers, and winning every home series on the schedule...

Guest Techsan

Tech made it official today. They hired Dan Spencer out of Oregon State and Trent Petrie from New Mexico. Both assistants know how to win and evidently they were highly coveted on the job market so the fact that Tech landed both of them speaks volumes to the fact that Gerald Myers is ready to get the baseball program back on track. I believe they are renovating the Law late this summer and installing field turf in the outfield at least. The consensus seems to be that these new guys will get Larry to 1500 wins and then Spencer will take over.

Its funny you should bring up Snead and the Hecklers, they are definitely a riot and have made the Law a very formidable place to play even during down years. I have heard more than one Big 12 coach state that they hate coming to Lubbock to play because of the Hecklers.

for those of you who read this and love college baseball....Chris Snead is the #1 Heckler in the country....check out his website at

This is the hidden content, please

Tech baseball will be back where it belongs in a short while, props to Coach Myers getting the job done and thanks to Larry, for taking a back seat....

the only bad news is that my former teammate Brandon Roberson was let go to make room for Darren Hays as the Director of Baseball Operations (bogus title and pay for anyone, but now especially bogus to pay Darren)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476