Kevin Bland from Deweyville.

Has anyone seen him play this summer? I think he is good to play for a small colligiete level. he is 6'5  averaged over 20 points and over 14 rebounds a game before he didnt play because of grades I think he will be good to play for a small college he will be way better this year!

Kevin is definitely the key for the pirates.Not sure what his grade issues were but he will need to keep his grades up to play at the next level.I really don't know what position he would play at the college level .Not many 6'5" Centers in college,if he develops an outside shot he could probably play the small forward.I think you have his stats a little high.I hope he stays focused,seems like a good kid who always plays hard.

Guest catfever

How dare the coach put him at a position that is best for the team.  I am sure if he let him stand out at the three point line, the coach wouldn't get criticized for that.  It might affect his 14 rebounds that you say he gets.  He also might not score as much.  I doubt he shoots as good 18 feet away than he does 5-10 feet away.  Probably doesn't handle the ball on the perimeter as well also. 

I wish the kid luck in getting a scholarship to play somewhere, but if his grades aren't good then his chances of playing somewhere aren't good.  I don't think people realize how hard it is to get a basketball scholarship.  There are limited spots and just as many athletes trying to get one.  Good luck to him though.  His coach better send out some tape.  It is doubtful that a school will come to Deweyville to watch. 

How dare the coach put him at a position that is best for the team.  I am sure if he let him stand out at the three point line, the coach wouldn't get criticized for that.  It might affect his 14 rebounds that you say he gets.  He also might not score as much.  I doubt he shoots as good 18 feet away than he does 5-10 feet away.  Probably doesn't handle the ball on the perimeter as well also. 

I wish the kid luck in getting a scholarship to play somewhere, but if his grades aren't good then his chances of playing somewhere aren't good.  I don't think people realize how hard it is to get a basketball scholarship.  There are limited spots and just as many athletes trying to get one.  Good luck to him though.  His coach better send out some tape.  It is doubtful that a school will come to Deweyville to watch. 

Don't quote what you have never seen. The kid can play outside. He does have pretty good handles and can shoot the rock from the outside. DP knows what Bland is capable of, and with Jackson in the mix it should make it interesting.

They have a shot at 3rd if they play hard every game and play as a team. Team play this year will make or break the Pirates. I think they can make the playoffs this year. This is not the team they had last year. With Jackson and Bland playing all year the Pirates will be much improved with returning starters Caswell and Manning.

From what I saw of Jackson last season, his best asset was his passing ability.  He and Bland should compliment each other.

Are you sure you are thinking about Caleb and not Jacob?? Jacob is the better passer and Caleb is def the better shooter. Caleb can shoot the rock with the best of them. Should be alot of dump it in kick it out for the pirates this year.

They have a shot at 3rd if they play hard every game and play as a team. Team play this year will make or break the Pirates. I think they can make the playoffs this year. This is not the team they had last year. With Jackson and Bland playing all year the Pirates will be much improved with returning starters Caswell and Manning.

Surely there goal isn't 3rd, this district is gonna be pretty close top to bottom.Deweyville will be pretty good this year,they will miss Bass on the boards but other than that they should be pretty solid.As long as everyone stays healthy.

Are you sure you are thinking about Caleb and not Jacob?? Jacob is the better passer and Caleb is def the better shooter. Caleb can shoot the rock with the best of them. Should be alot of dump it in kick it out for the pirates this year.

It was Caleb that I saw. Like I said from what I saw it was his passing that I liked.  He may be a great shooter I just didn't see it.  Anyway, he and Bland should compliment each other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami