US vs Canada

Nice call!  ;)

I don't get TeleFutura so I can't watch the Mexico game.  :'(  Looking forward, we've gotta replace Heyduk and Bradley for the finals.  I suppose Spector and Feilhaber can step into those spots.

To the Canada game:

Once again, we've got NOBODY up front who can score.  We got a PK and goal from a defender, two passes away from a restart.  We should just run a 5-5-0 and admit that the US doesn't have a finisher - nor do they have one on the youth level unless Josey Altidore takes some HUGE strides over the next four years.

I don't know who the Man of the Match was...  No one really stood out above the others. 

LanDo is always an easy choice. 

Bradley was solid except for the absolutely needless tackle for the red. 

EJ did some good things in the field, but for a forward, he sure wasn't up front very much. 

Gooch was really good at times, but looked awkward at others. 

Franke got a goal, but he reminds me of that football player on almost every high school soccer team who hustles his butt off, all the parents love his attitude, and does everything the coach asks him to, but he has no soccer IQ, the touch of a bow-legged hippo, and puts more balls in the stands than on his teammate's feet.  On the high-school level, I can live with that, but the USNMT has guys on the bench who maybe can't do the beep test like Franke, but they're much more polished. 

I can tell you who wouldn't get my vote for MOM - Kasey Keller!  WOW!  :o  He looked like he just got a new pair of feet and was breaking them in tonight.  He looked like a freshman thinking about asking the Prom Queen to dance 'cause his friends said they'd give him twenty bucks if he did.  I hope this was like a Craig Biggio deal where we let Keller get his 100th cap, pat him on the butt, and send him on his way.

Oh well.  Looking forward to Sunday!

"touch of a bow-legged hippo"  that is an intant classic!!! 

I agree with you completely on the striker issue...you would think that in this great country of ours surely we could turn over some rocks and find some feet to put the ball in the back of the net...

shouldve gone into extra time... terrible call by the ref. he should have just admited he was wrong after consulting with his linesmen... DUH... US played awfull at times in the game... Keller didnt look like the class of Goalkeeper he really is... but thats always been his achiles tendon... great shot stopper.. but not exactly a choice 11th option to play the ball to feet to....  its obviously Timy Howards era now.... it has to be... He is a one time EPL Goal Keeper of the Year... (after only his first season too)... and he proved he can be big for the US too... as far as strikers go... I thought that Brian Ching played great game in the Final... created chances with his signature turns... one a penalty... one a shot of the post... ive always thought he was a better option for a target man up top... he does it in the MLS... given the playing time... I think he can do it for the USA.... JMO... and Dempsey just isnt the same player anymore since he has developed this whole new even bigger cocky persona than what he already had... come one Duece.... go back to the humble kid from Texas that took the United Soccer world by storm a couple years ago...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
  • Topics